Video Files on Forum ×

Cannot open Data Manager 6.1 on Catalina

Looking at the Casio compatibility chart for  IDES 6.1 with Apple OS-it looks like it only is compatible up to version 10.13-you have a newer Apple OS, I think that might be the problem. I am not on the Apple platform-but is there some way you can run the Casio program in what in the Windows world is called "compatibility mode"-where you can install and run older software in newer versions of Windows as if it is running Windows Vista, XP or even older 98 or 95 rather than Windows 10, 8 or 7. I used Apple computers and software extensively as a music teacher-we had a full Apple lab, individual laptops, full whiteboards pretty neat system-I bet there is away to do this type of backward compatibility function in the Apple OS. Alternatively-can you still run Apple in windows mode-a virtual Windows mode, I know it used to be available years back but i haven't kept up with Apple-can you run the Windows version of IDES 6.1 in a "Windows" emulated mode? I used to do this with older Apple laptops to get some of my Windows music software to work as a teacher-wasn't perfect but was do-able.

• 3 weeks later...