Video Files on Forum ×

What???? Is this???? A Casio copy-is this legal?

Just stumbled across this listing-claims for the "Casio PX-1"-suddenly a bunch of listings for this-for the "Casio PX-1". If this doesn't look look like a copyright infringement....doesn't even specify if it is for the newer PX series with the SP-34, or the older with the SP-33. Yikes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Piano-3-Pedal-For-Digital-Keyboard-Piano-Three-Foot-Pedal-Unit-For-Casio-Px1/143734040425?hash=item2177376769:g:WZ0AAOSwr4RfXR8R

How can it be a copyright infringement, I wonder? 🙂

The 3 pedal idea has been around since ... well for a long time. Hundreds of years?

The three pedal electronic unit for a some time. Was it ever patented?

The connector is an industry standard one, usually used to connect cables to a printed circuit board.

After market pedals from third party suppliers have been around for ages.

It's almost like asking aren't these ear buds made by JVC breaking copyright when plugged into my (older) iPhone? Isn't it? 😉

Of course I could be wrong.

(BTW I don't have an iPhone.)

It would be good if Casio made a short adapter cable that allowed the SP-34 to be connected to a PX-560.

Or, just included one in the SP-34 box for their older models.

That is, if they're compatible electronically.

That-is why I was asking.....And since the ad was specifically aimed at Casio's "PX"-and the connector is designed specifically (it looks like it) for certain specific Casios-not a standard 1/4" plug used by non-specific plugs-i thought it might be an infringement on their design. Even a wiring design can be a copyright infringement-just ask any engineer! There is such a thing-as free-wheeling as it seems many manufacturers are now. I have Chinese-manufactured headphones that are almost identical to my AKG's. They are excellent-but still. And this pedal's price is actually more expensive than the Casio pedals, depending upon which vendor you buy from. Odd. And if it is a violation of a Casio copyright-they'll see it here! The SP-34 cannot be used with the PX560-it is designed for the older SP-33. John-you're one of the lucky ones-have you ever had to deal with lawyers? It's never fun. Remember "torrents"? remember "peer-to-peer" file sharing-Pirate Bay, etc. I do. Now it's "Sony" "Disney" "Google" "Netflix"-all the majors took all that over.

• 1 month later...

if Casio does not care to make a portable version of the tree pedals unit for older keyboard.

it seems reasonable somebody fills the demand.

still do not have an idea whether it is league

what I know that once you bought something you are free to modify it the way you like.

I'd try one myself, but not sure if it will match the specs of the Casio-just because the posting describes it so, doesn't mean it will work properly. And on second look-now these are more expensive than the stock Casio pedals. Guess I'll stick with my Casio pedals. Fortunately the 350 and 560 both take the SP-33 triple pedal.