Video Files on Forum ×

Casio repair parts

Jokeyman123

Not allowed to recommend specific vendors here, but this is a picture of a keyboard hammer for the Privia CDP and PX series-a very detailed shot for those of you who might have to repair your Privias. Keep in mind-these are not identical across the octaves, since the weights are graduated to give a heavier feel in the lower octaves-but you can see the 4 marking on this one-according to this parts supplier-these range across in 4 different weights with corresponding numbers stamped on them-you would have to try to get the exact hammer based upon which octave it must match-or the weight and throw will be off. I am posting this picture because you can see hwo these are constructed clearly-the problems occur because 1) the left end with the rubber bumper sweels, gets dried out or twists out of position-or falls off completely-this is the part that goes under the key. the other probelm is 2) you can see the right end of the hammer has a rather narrow pointed sructure-this is the part that will create an indentation over time in the felt strip that buffers the key noise and the action from feeling overly hard when striking a key. The newer PX's and S series use an entirely different hammer-so this key is illustrative of the older style hammers. if you need to order these-this vendor has the best prices I've seen-one of the few that carries many Casio parts-I was able to repair a headphone jack assembly as he had a replacement part that I needed-the only vendor I found anywhere on the web. Hint- the initials start with the letter "K" for keyboard.  I am only able to save this image as a browser page, not a .jpg or .png-you will have to download it and then open it-it should open as a single image in a browser. I use Brave and Firefox for this. Let me know if it doesn't work, Pm me and i will send you a link to the part.

DSC03151__68083.1571091953.webp