Video Files on Forum ×

"the especified device is already in use"

Gusinluz2

Hola, he comprado un privia px s5 Estoy intentando configurar el midi en mi daw, pero cuando abro el daw me sale esta advertencia "el dispositivo espicificado ya está en uso"

Recibo una señal midi pero los sonidos del privia pxs5 no salen.
Windows 10 sistema operativo de 64 bits, daw cakewalk banlad
gracias

On 29/11/2020 at 13:43, Brad Saucier said:

El USB del PX-5S transmite solo MIDI, no audio. Conecte las salidas de línea o las salidas de auriculares a su computadora para audio, o grabe audio directamente en una unidad flash usando la grabadora de audio PX-5S, luego transfiera el archivo de onda a su proyecto.  

Hello, thanks for your answer, I have the s5 audio connected to a mixer with three more synths and a px 860 and all in turn connected via midi to the computer. I have never had problems with midi data transfer both in and out with any of my synths, but the px s5 is driving me crazy, when I turn on the daw it tells me that it is in use. the daw recognizes me two casio in CASIO USB-MIDI inputs (the px 860 and the s5 I suppose) but in midi outputs it only recognizes me one that is the 860 I suppose. Yesterday after 5 hours I managed to record 4 individual tracks of a hexlayer, but today when I turn on the pc it tells me the same thing that this device is already in use, the most I have achieved after 3 hours is to record the 4 tracks of a hexlayer In a channel, it seems that only one channel recognizes me and mixes everything, with the data editor (with the daw closed) I have verified that the tracks have the outputs correctly configured, 1 2 3 4. I have been sticking with these problems for years after So many synths, but with this one I'm stuck. thanks

If you're running more than 1 Casio product at the same time with USB MIDI, that could cause a conflict in the software.  It's also possible to cause conflicts if more than one MIDI application is running on the computer at once, like the PX-5S data editor application and DAW software.  Make sure only one of them is in use at a time.

21 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Si está ejecutando más de 1 producto Casio al mismo tiempo con USB MIDI, eso podría causar un conflicto en el software. También es posible causar conflictos si se está ejecutando más de una aplicación MIDI en la computadora a la vez, como la aplicación de edición de datos PX-5S y el software DAW. Asegúrese de que solo uno de ellos esté en uso a la vez.

I think it will be a conflict with the px ps5 and px860, they have the same controller, I never have the data editor and the daw running at the same time, I don't understand how they can't each have their own controller, I'm going to try and see you story. thanks

impossible to record four independent midi tracks just record everything in one. Maybe it's because the px 860 transmitting on track 1 is incompatible or "eats up" the px s5. I bought the px s5 precisely to be able to control 4 midi tracks while with the px 860 I would have another track added and play with 5 tracks to record and play, but I see that it is impossible. I have contacted casio to explain this to me since if there is a problem of incompatibilities they do not notify it and I have asked them to return the s5 since this is not mentioned anywhere. the worst thing is that I can't buy any casio product for the same problem. It's a shame because I had been thinking about buying this great synth for a long time (I had the Px-p1 and I liked it a lot) also I wanted to change the px 860 for the 560 in my studio, but I see that I cannot have 2 casios via midi in my daw for driver problem. thanks

The 4 zones on the PX-5S can transmit on any MIDI channels.  The PX-860 can transmit on channel 1, while your PX-5S can transmit on channels 2 through 5 using the 4 zones. The default settings for zones 1 through 4 are MIDI channels 1 through 4. You can change each zone to any of the 16 MIDI channels by editing the MIDI transmit channel for each zone in a stage setting.  

Unfortunately the language translator is making it difficult for me to understand your questions.

• 2 weeks later...

hello i still don't solve my midi problem with px privia 5s. I have opened a project without turning on the px 860, I have connected the px privia 5s through a midi card (midisport 4x4) connecting the midi out and the midi in to the card and the midi output of the card to the pc. I have loaded 4 tracks and I have recorded 4 tracks at the same time without problems (Midi 2,3,4,5), so far so good, the moment I turned on the px 860, (via midi and direct audio from the piano) it is When problems come, I don't record any tracks from the px 5s even with the tracks configured. I have written to technical support to explain the problem and they have not bothered to answer me, bad technical support. Can you give me an email address to get in touch with someone from casio who is willing to help me? I can not believe that I can not use two casio at the same time in my study, bad purchase, this could be advised before selling it

I am sorry you are having troubles.  However, your technical issues are not with the Casio products.  They are functioning correctly, since you are able to record with each one independently Your issues are with the software or interface device.  Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the interface you are using, so I can't offer much help there.  DAW software usually has midi device settings which allows you to select which device is used.  I would look into more details about the software configuration and your interface.

• 4 weeks later...
El 12/10/2020 a las 22:27, Brad Saucier dijo:

Lamento que estés teniendo problemas. Sin embargo, sus problemas técnicos no están relacionados con los productos Casio. Funcionan correctamente, ya que puede grabar con cada uno de forma independiente. Sus problemas están relacionados con el software o el dispositivo de interfaz. Lamentablemente, no estoy familiarizado con la interfaz que está utilizando, por lo que no puedo ofrecer mucha ayuda allí. El software DAW generalmente tiene configuraciones de dispositivo midi que permiten seleccionar qué dispositivo se usa. Buscaría más detalles sobre la configuración del software y su interfaz.

"Pedimos disculpas por el tiempo que ha tardado en responder pero no es un tema fácil. Como con el sistema operativo Windows no es posible, hasta ahora, renombrar los diferentes dispositivos, la única solución que podemos sugerir, por el momento, es use los puertos MIDI normales de su PX-5S y una interfaz MIDI separada para la otra unidad.  
Es un problema menor en una Mac porque puede cambiar el nombre de los dispositivos en el sistema ". (apoyo casio)

• Like 1

There is an inherent defect in many versions of Windows OS if that is what you are using-it happens to me constantly in Windows 7, and was a problem in older versions as well. i have to assume windows 10 didn't fix this. Very important.....

When you open a software program with Windows OS-even when you 'exit" or close the program-surprise-you didn't! When you close a software program-Windows is "supposed to" release any software routines your program started up, and many times, it will "hang". Critical parts of the software will still be "stuck" or running in the background without you ever seeing that this is happening. The software can be parts of your music software-or the Windows operating system, a driver-or worse, all of these!! Now when you try to connect something else-another keyboard, recorder whatever it is-and open another software program-or even just connect another USB/midi device-it will not work. In computer school-one of my instructors had us memorize the slogan "plug and pray"-because these problems were known issues, and apparently even years later Microsoft still hasn't solved these problems, particularly with music programs. I would bet even money-Gusinluz-this is what is causing your problems. So even if you re using one software program at a time-another program or driver used for your connection to the computer-if you have not shut your computer down completely-hardware reboot-some other software, program or driver is probably still "stuck" in the background-waiting to make sure your new connection or software will not work. Very frustrating-and as I just said-the only solution I've ever come across-without giving you a detailed lesson in how Microsoft Windows operating system works is to turn off your computer-and start it up again. Not a "warm boot", has to be a "cold boot" to completely shut down any software that has gotten "stuck". And even when you do this-you will only keep getting the same problem since the operating system will still not know how to 'release" the software or connection/driver that is causing the problem.