Video Files on Forum ×

PX-350M using Korg DS-1H Pedal (for half sustain), not working

Rex

Hi guys,

As the title suggested, I'm having trouble making my Korg DS-1H Pedal work.

I have read somewhere that Korg's and Casio's Pedal Polarity is in the same group and should work.

After plugging in the pedal, it wont sustain regardless if I press or not the pedal.

After unplugging the pedal and plugging it again, now it sustains all notes regardless if I press or not the pedal.

Am I missing on something or does this mean I am forced to buy SP-33 from Casio? (Which is pretty hard to find here in the Philippines)

Thanks!

Rex

Make sure you plug the pedal in first, before you turn the PX350 on. I am using a single piano-style pedal-the Casio SP-20 which is very affordable if you do not need half-pedaling and soft functions of the triple-pedal when playing. There are also a few "universal" single-pedal units I've used-but I purchased these with a "polarity" switch-which technically is not switching polarity-it is switching the wiring inside to turn what is basically a simple on/off switch so it becomes "closed" when pressed or the opposite-open when pressed. This is why certain sustain pedals will not work except with specific keyboards. And not all Korg pedals, or Yamaha or Roland...etc. are wired the same-you are hitting one of the problems in the music instruments industry-not enough "standardization" and why I have so many cables, switches, pdeals, converters and....keyboards!

19 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Make sure you plug the pedal in first, before you turn the PX350 on. I am using a single piano-style pedal-the Casio SP-20 which is very affordable if you do not need half-pedaling and soft functions of the triple-pedal when playing. There are also a few "universal" single-pedal units I've used-but I purchased these with a "polarity" switch-which technically is not switching polarity-it is switching the wiring inside to turn what is basically a simple on/off switch so it becomes "closed" when pressed or the opposite-open when pressed. This is why certain sustain pedals will not work except with specific keyboards. And not all Korg pedals, or Yamaha or Roland...etc. are wired the same-you are hitting one of the problems in the music instruments industry-not enough "standardization" and why I have so many cables, switches, pdeals, converters and....keyboards!

Yeah I tried both — turning the keyboard on with the pedal plugged will not generate any sustain pressed or not press, while turning the keyboard on without the pedal plugged, then plugging it after, will always generate sustain (pressed or not pressed)

So I'm not sure if its about the polarity that is the issue. My SP-3 pedal works fine with it.

14 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

It sounds like the pedal may not be a switch type on/off pedal, but rather a half damper pedal.  Does the pedal plug have 2 conductors (TS), or 3 (TRS)?  

The Korg DS-1H pedal has 3 (TRS), my SP-3 only has 2 (TS).