Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Data manager 5.0 not working

Trapdoorspyder

Hello. I was trying to get recorded audio segments from my Casio wk-200 (I don't think the model is relevent for this) to my computer, to be specific Audacity. Looking through the users manual, I found the place to download the appropriate data manager and did so. However, every time I try to run the program I get a abnormal termination error. How come I am having this problem, and how do I fix it?

• 7 months later...

Audacity-you may need to completely delete your version of Audacity-and try to find an older version and install that. Also-Audacity will only allow one "instance"-if you have started it up-and its still running in the "background"-some programs in Windows do that-will hang up even if you thought you closed them down-it will not allow a second "instance "of it-at least I can't get it to do that unlike other pieces of ssoftware that let you run multiple screens of the same program simultaneously-and if you are running Windows 95/98,  I think you will need an older version of Audacity, although I can run it even on an old P4 Pentium Thinkpad-but I am running Windows XP/7. One more thing-the newest audacity may need the newest Microsoft C+ redistributable file-there are several software programs I've installed that needed different versions of this software-I have had to install older versions of it for certain software-and the newest 4.5 for the most recent software programs. Might also be why Audacity is having problems running.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem, I can't get my DataManager for my CTK-4200 keyboard won't load. Whenever I try to open the program, there's an error window that says, "Abnormal program termination" It worked just fine before! Is there something wrong with the plugin and/or computer I'm using?

What is your operating system? Windows-7, 1, 11 or older vista, XP? Try right-clicking the the data manager icon to run the program and select "compatibility mode" although if it worked before this should not be necessary. Might work. Delete and re-install the data manager program. You reference a plug-in. Which one? And what are you using the plug-in for? Data manager needs to be directly Connected to your CTK, I wouldn't run it through any plug-in programs. and are you still referencing Data manager 5.0?