Video Files on Forum ×

Gooey substance under the keybed of my x9000IN

So I found this gooey glue like substance that's wet under my keybed, I got my x9000IN just two days ago, but noticed this only today, it was visible in the gap between the keys and the fabric under it. Theres some drops of it undet the 5th octave keys. Is it normal or is it something the store did to it before selling it to me? Should I send it back?

IMG_20210118_121935.jpg

IMG_20210118_121927.jpg

Does it feel slick?-the Casios use a type of grease to help keep the keys moving smoothly-but the grease usually it looks whiter than this. I've never seen it oozing out like this though in any of my Casios. Is this just under the one octave-or all across? doesn't look too good to me-if its factory lube-sure did a sloppy job of it, and this could contaminate the rubber key contacts under the keys if there's enough of this to ooze out of the keybed, i don't like the looks of it, and I've had at least 4 Casios apart for cleaning, repair etc. and never saw anything that looks like this. I would bring it back, check out another CTX at the store, see if it has the same issue. And if this something someone spilled in it-unbelievable they'd sell it to you at all! Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Does it feel slick?-the Casios use a type of grease to help keep the keys moving smoothly-but the grease usually it looks whiter than this. I've never seen it oozing out like this though in any of my Casios. Is this just under the one octave-or all across? doesn't look too good to me-if its factory lube-sure did a sloppy job of it, and this could contaminate the rubber key contacts under the keys if there's enough of this to ooze out of the keybed, i don't like the looks of it, and I've had at least 4 Casios apart for cleaning, repair etc. and never saw anything that looks like this. I would bring it back, check out another CTX at the store, see if it has the same issue. And if this something someone spilled in it-unbelievable they'd sell it to you at all! Just my humble opinion.

It does look white irl.There's some of it under some other keys also, and I just noticed it's only there under the gaps between the keys. So it should be some grease I guess, that was done sloppily, and drops of it oozed out from between the keys. I talked to the store, and am planning to take it back next week. Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

White grease is installed at the factory to lubricate and quiet the keys.  It is normal to see some residual grease between them.  It is applied quite heavily under the keys.  

Oh hmmm, but do I have to worry about the extra greese damaging the rubber contacts like the other commentor said? Also I think it might attract dust

And despite being heavy applied, it dries out and your keys become noisy.

Can't understand, why a simple felt pad would be so hard for casio to install.

If you're looking for replacement, try this - I have applied it to another moving part, and it haven't dried in 10 years so far. Super Lube 92003 Silicone Lubricating Grease with PTFE, 3 oz Tube, Translucent White: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific