Video Files on Forum ×

compatibility

David X

• 2 weeks later...

Brad-are these outputs TRS 3-conductor or the simpler 2-conductor consumer type line outs? None of my Privias have had problems with the output jacks. I have used 3-conductor TRS patch cables when I have ground noise issues, and this seems to solve that problem although I'm not sure why. but TRS was designed for that reason-to avoid ground hum and line problems. 

• Thanks 1

Which input on the stereo are you using? Make sure it isn't the turntable input if you have one, most stereos still do-this is low impedance and if you connect a keyboard to it, depending on the keyboard-you will get a ground hum. Make sure it connected to an "auxiliary" input which is high impedance, for tape, CD, DVD audio, or to stereo record inputs if your stereo has that. Most home receivers/amps have all of these inputs.

• Thanks 1

It's normal for a hum to occur when a stereo amp is on if you touch the VCR/phono inputs since you are a "ground" with your bare fingers and hands. Once you plug the cables in there should be no hum at all. Why amps always say to connect your cables before you turn anything on-I'm assuming this is a "line-in" type of connection-meaning "high impedance"-meaning it is sensitive enough to amplify the PX5s line outs without any distortion or hum. And this happens with the computer audio in also? What are you using for your audio cable? I'm suspecting the cable is causing this.  I haven't experienced this problem with any Privias. Almost every stereo receiver should work with a keyboard's line out connectors. 

• David X changed the title to compatibility