Video Files on Forum ×

Depeche mode and extra 70s 80s synth sounds for PX-560?

Brock

Anyone have any luck with any extra downloads for the PX560?  Just received this keyboard and already uploaded Noir Grand but not much of a list for the PX560 otherwise.  I guess I can play around with the hex layers once I get comfortable... Can anyone send me to some links that aren't long and tedious q n a vids and gets me right into the action? Thanks!

PS..Also any realistic orchestral instruments/sounds etc for film composing

• 1 year later...

What?? Not much of a list? I think you must be looking in the wrong place.

There are 99 new sounds and uploads for the PX560 right here. You won't find much anywhere else though, tone development seems to exist only here, although i haven't checked the Facebook page lately. I would think Facebook Casioheads would post their work here anyway.

Go to the Casio main forum page right here-click on downloads at the top. Now look towards the right side-and you will see 2 sections for all the Casios-including the PX560. There are "community created" files and "Casio official files"-23 of those and 99 in the community files section. Just click on those entries respectively and you can now download any or all of the files. I know, I've created quite a few tones myself for/from my PX560,  including several hex layers I've experimented with-and some rather ambitious ".ckf" rhythms (not tones)  I've created from other midi auto-arranger devices I use, primarily Yamaha and Roland and from my own midi files, and can be loaded into the PX560 and used as new accompaniments.

There are many user rhythms if you want those too, in other sections of the the downloads, designed for other Casios in the other user and factory download sections-that are ac7 and .ckf files that can also be loaded into the PX560 for backing arrangements. Mike Martin ported over several tones in this PX560 section from the popular PX5S, to be playable on the PX560 too. But check out the user tones section, you will get some very interesting ideas i think for developing your own tones. The hex layers are imo very easy to work with, many options for creating tones that can be very original, or just variations on the existing tones.

RAFAMATE-USE Google Translate si necesita leer esto en español, si puede leer esto en inglés.

• Like 1

Brock-

Depeche Mode-tall order to duplicate! They apparently used an ARP 2600, Moog Model D and also used a NED Synclavier (whew) and...an EMU Emulator-which is a sample-based instrument-so can create just about anything. I would think-listen carefully to their songs, pick out a single sound and see if you can match it. The PX can (although I haven't tried this particular combo-nation-yet-) come close to-but not match IMO-a Minimoog in some respects-although I think the XW is better at this at least from auditioning its factory sounds and some user-developed tones for the XW-P1. An ARP-depending upon what Depeche Mode did with it-I think the PX560 can, there are some electric pianos in the PX560 that sound like the ARP "pianos" which had a rather thin and definitely "analog" sound and definitely some ARP lead sounds-these classic synths basically used triangle, sawtooth and pulse/square waves with filters all of which are in the PX560 database of wavesamples.

I also use Kontakt-a computer sampler that can load many sample libraries of these classic instruments, might be worth a look into-I do that since I don't have these classic instruments, and at least I can audition for example a huge database of ARP, Moog, EMU samples and many others from my computer.

I posted a challenge here quite awhile ago-for fellow Casioheads to try to duplicate some of these classic synths, with whatever Casio they own, I still am in the tone development stage with the PX560, the database of contained samples for this is pretty large.

But then for me at least-that is part of the fun of these new music monsters-the PX560 definitely has synth all over it, if you put in the time or even if you don't! A little different than others I've programmed, but definitely will now stay in my rarefied collection, alongside my XW-P1, my Fusion, my Equinox and my SY77-yes I have one of the first SY77's and have lost alot of sleep with FM. There are a few PX560 tones that sound surprisingly similar to some of the amazing tones I've gotten out of that beast, yeah......its not FM, but then neither am I, not completely.  Maybe more like an EMU-the animal, not the synth.:taz:

20 hours ago, Rafamate said:

Hola yo busco también nuevos sonidos y no sé cómo se cargan ,si sabes algo , gracias.

Hola, carregar é facil, existe videos no YouTube    ...o mais dificil é encontrar os timbres, também procuro! Saludos do Brazil!

...o mais dificil éencontrar os