Video Files on Forum ×

Rotary organ effect - how to disable vibrato??

PianomanJP

I'm a new Casio 560M user, but have owned Yamaha & Roland keyboards for 20+ years, here's my questions:

1.) How do you turn OFF the vibrato effect when using the jazz organ sounds with the rotary effect - I hope there is a way although I couldn't find a way while editing parameters?  The vibrato is a bit hokey and detracts from the jazzy rotary effect.

2.) What is a good pedal to use to trigger the rotary speeds, it works with my Roland EV-5 expression pedals, but I'm hoping to use a single pedal (tip/ring/sleeve).  My Roland SP1 pedal I used doesn't work because it's only tip/sleeve.

Thanks for any help!

Hmm, vibrato should not be there by default.  Is the modulation wheel all the way down?   

With the assignable pedal port, rotary speed can be triggered by either pedal type, TRS or TS.  For a TS pedal, go to the controller settings and change the assignable pedal type to foot switch.  A foot switch on the damper pedal port can be used as well. 

I agree with Brad-I don't hear any vibrato on the stock PX560 organ sounds at all, only through the mod wheel. And I use a simple footswitch for Leslie on/off. The DSP settings for the Leslie DSP effect have to be set up a certain way for this to work with a pedal, if it is not already programmed into the organ 'tone". I'll have to study what I've done to set this up for organ tones that do not have the leslie on/off built in-and slow/fast settings. The Leslie DSP's are very programmable-ramp speed up and down are 2 settings i remember wihout being in front of the 560. Also I think delay is variable and rates individually controllable for how fast and slow the effect will be.  Does not have a 2-speaker setup though-horn and bass can't be set separately although I think most companies'  built-in leslie DSP doesn't allow for this either.