Video Files on Forum ×

Casio PL-40R

I just came across one of these-apparently from 2003. Anybody have one, or know anything about it? This is a really unique looking Casio-I'd buy it but the buyer wants pickup only from Brooklyn, and i can't. Must use the older ZPI sampling technology for the tones-maybe the same era as the Px400/410/575? This looks like a pretty well-designed Casio-in some respects looks more well-made than many of the newer!

It does have lighted keys-and the manual is strangely broken up-at least online as several separate downloads wherever I looked. Strangest of all-it has a 16 track sequencer with a system track and a mixer-I don't know of any other Casio this early on that had such a thing in a piano-weighted keyboard, except the PX575 and that one only had 6 tracks. Very interesting Casio. I wish he'd ship it, definitely nice to have and to play. Look at the wood end caps-wow!

Casio PL-40.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

It does have lighted keys-and the manual is strangely broken up-at least online as several separate downloads wherever I looked. Strangest of all-it has a 16 track sequencer with a system track and a mixer-I don't know of any other Casio this early on that had such a thing in a piano-weighted keyboard, except the PX575 and that one only had 6 tracks. Very interesting Casio. I wish he'd ship it, definitely nice to have and to play. Look at the wood end caps-wow!

Casio PL-40.jpg

Wow that a cool design I've never seen nor heard of it.  Lately I'm taking notes of some of Casio's designs.

A few day's ago I wanted to make a post about that topic. As I've seen much of their PCB have changed allot

as well as I've seen with CT-S1 PCB. Compared with the XW that huge. 

• Like 1