Video Files on Forum ×

New to keyboards!! CT-X5000 versus 9000IN and 8000IN????

Akm

54 minutes ago, RogerBannister said:

A small number of extra Indian tones (and maybe rhythms) - apart from that, nothing, I believe.

So does ctx5000 has some western tones in place of the indian tones in ctx 9000in?

1. Most of us here are big Casio fans so we would be a bit biased comparing a Casio to any other brand. :D

b) "better" as far as what? It depends on what you are looking for. I think the CTX-5000 is an excellent keyboard, but Casio has models that have those sounds and weighted 88-note keyboards. OTOH, the new CT-S models have similar (better?) sounds and are smaller. But I don't do a lot of on-keyboard arranging and play along kinds of stuff so I can't compare those aspects, and I can't compare pricing because I don't know those numbers offhand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, there are some tones and rhythms that are exclusive to both models, but there's plenty of overlap and I'd say they're 95% identical otherwise. The exclusive content is not at all worth the cost of importing one from outside of your region, so I'd say go with whichever one is in stock near you. If you're in India/South Asia, get the 9000IN. If you're anywhere else, get the CT-X5000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello i am new to music keyboards. Previously i have made music through DAWs only(without MIDI keyboards). I am planning to buy a music keyboard as i don't have any. I have seen the CTX 5000/9000in and it looks like a decent one to buy. Also i need the keyboard to record the music and have good quality sounds (piano, pads, synths, leads, drums like 808s,etc ). Can anyone suggest me the best one for producing music. PLZ help!!!

Well what I can clearly say that the price difference between CTX3000 and 5000 does NOT worth the number of features you're getting. Stick with X3000 and save the money. I have the X5000, but only because, the store where I bought it, was on liquidation sales and this was the last store display model which I bought for the price of X3000.

Regarding the declared price range - $450, there are no direct competitors- Yamaha E-463 has significantly less features and has less price too. Yamaha PSR S series start at $700 and are far better than X5000. 

If you're looking for best bang for the buck for that money, I'd start looking around for used Yamaha PSR-S650-670 models.

• Thanks 1

I am so confused which one should I get Ctx 8000in or 9000in. Does the CTX 9000in really have advantages? (The price difference in India is only 50$, is 9000in worth 50$ more?) BTW, i am new to keyboards. I am interested in making music which i previously did with DAWs(but i wanna upgrade;). 

• Brad Saucier changed the title to New to keyboards!! CT-X5000 versus 9000IN??
21 hours ago, Akm said:

@witteraceCould you please explain what does that mean? 

The Indian variant has the sustain button(which is present in global version) reassigned as touch by firmware or hardware. 

It wouldn't be much of a problem as  touch(on/off) can be controlled by settings in either keyboard and as sustain is just increase in release time so one can edit the tone to get desired sustain or best to use a pedal.

Also, as most of the edited tones in the forum are from global version. Thus, some of them won't work as expected in Indian variant.

And as said by the Chandler you should get one on the basis of price and availability.

Button difference.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are only a handful of differences, perhaps the most obvious being the larger / more powerful speakers on the CT-X9000IN and the fact that the CT-X8000IN can run on battery power, and the CT-X9000IN cannot.

If either of those features are important to you then the decision is made.

Here is a video from Mike Martin @ Casio explaining the differences between the CT-X3000 and CT-X5000 (same differences as CT-X8000IN and CT-X9000IN): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roIMF8eYt7M

• Like 1

• Brad Saucier changed the title to New to keyboards!! CT-X5000 versus 9000IN and 8000IN????
  • 1 year later...
On 5/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, Akm said:

Hello i am new to music keyboards. Previously i have made music through DAWs only(without MIDI keyboards). I am planning to buy a music keyboard as i don't have any. I have seen the CTX 5000/9000in and it looks like a decent one to buy. Also i need the keyboard to record the music and have good quality sounds (piano, pads, synths, leads, drums like 808s,etc ). Can anyone suggest me the best one for producing music. PLZ help!!!

I am Also to New For CTX-9000IN