Video Files on Forum ×

Issue: LK-90 producing a piano tone as if the layer function was on??

Oh_Man

Hello ... I probably know the answer but just in case - ie; something in the hardware isn't doing what it should.

When set to another tone [any] and not using the Layer function, periodically the keyboard will produce a piano tone [sounds like 000] as if the Layer function was on.

Only occurs when the keys are struck harder.

As I understand there's not "factory reset" with this model, apparently that occurs every time its unplugged and doesn't have batteries in it. 

Thoughts?

• Brad Saucier changed the title to Issue: LK-90 producing a piano tone as if the layer function was on??

Hi Brad ... I've continued to test and play with it and it's 'seems' to have stopped it.

I left it powered on for quite a few hours - I was servicing it and who knows.  

It was creating a tail end sound of piano overtop whatever organ or EP Tone I had selected like the software was getting confused.

Anyhow fingers crossed it doesn't come back.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd update.  I would say the great board is suffering slightly from not being used much prior to my ownership.  My experience is electronics don't like sitting idle...they like power going through those circuits.  It did the behavior again, this time while playing with the split and layering functions.  After using them for a bit and leaving the power on again the issue went away.  Almost like I was waking up those parts of the organ that clearly hadn't been used in sometime.  

Perhaps the moral here is, if you purchase these used and they've said they're not using much if at all...take it home, turn it on and leave it on for a bunch of hours while getting on it periodically to play and go through the various functions.  Just my 2 cents.

O

• Thanks 1