Video Files on Forum ×

6500 and Internet Data Expansion System?

Hello,

It seems Casio for at least a little while allowed/gave extension functionality to their Tones. 

Came across the below link which is not for the 6500 but curious if this would work or there's something else available for the 6500?  

A 6500 has come up in my area and considering buying it and this would be excellent!

It really seems that Casio pulled out all the stops with the CTK-900/WK-3200 - from it's extended Drawbar functions to this...

https://music.casio.com/e/

https://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/

Did the same for the CTK- 671

https://music.casio.com/e/data_ex2/

O

Edited by Oh_Man
Added a couple extra links

These are old tones and rhythms for the old series Casio workstations Wk3000, 3200, 3300, 3500 using the ZPI sound source. They are compatible with the newer Casio keyboards including the WK 6500. The new keyboards convert these files to the new AC 7 format and can play them.

1 minute ago, Casiofun said:

The new keyboards convert these files to the new AC 7 format and can play them.

That's the case for Rhythms, but Tones might be trickier as they're usually proprietary and not interchangeable between instruments (even if they're built on the same sound source). Almost every data type for the old generation uses the same .CKF format (for both tones and rhythms), but as far as I'm aware, more recent models like the WK-6500 can only accept CKF Rhythms. CKF tones (including those that use new waveforms, i.e. new samples) are not compatible, which makes sense considering the WK-6500 uses the AHL sound source and has no sampling capabilities. Like the CT-X series, the custom tones on the WK-6500 are just edits to the preset tones, not fully original tones with new samples.

• Like 1

@Chandler Holloway Ok thank you...good to know and thanks for the additional context.

Yes it appears they took the sampling functionality out?   Odd as that would allow 'some' ability to extend the tones, ie; record some virtual via the MIC and done.  I've never tested it with my WK 225 but that's how I understand it works.

That said, via an online demo the 6500's DSP tones are pretty extensive especially considering the configuration ability so not a big deal for me.

Sounded pretty damn good to me though shame they only offer 10 user tones vs the 7600's 100 user tones.

Also, regarding SoundFonts/Wav/etc - that are all over the place, is there anyway to do converts to this AHL? 

I've searched that but haven't found anything yet or if there's a different method?

And am I missing something but it seems the CTK 900/WK 3200 offered greater drawbar type functionality vs the 6500 or is it just factored into the 6500's DSP Tone editing/manipulation they offer?  Seems confusing.

Thanks... Orion

• 1 year later...

Из официального ответа службы поддержки CASIO сообщили, что CTK-6250 (6200) не различает тонами и стилями. Таким образом, владельцы инструментов сами всё ищут, конвертируют и делают сами. Чем мы и занимаемся на форуме.

Edited by hant7
Перевод.

Oh_Man you are right-there was additional tone editing functions and sample functions in older Casios that the newer WK6500/6600/7500/7600 and similar CTK's do not have.

Chandler has covered this exactly right.

Newer Casios use different abbreviations for tones, registrations, rhythms and "all" files where the older ones-depending upojn which Casio model it was- used only the .ckf designator-did not always provide what this ckf file actually was-it could be a rhythm, could be a tone. You had to keep track of what which one was yourself. The newer .AC7 designation corresponds to the older .CKF file designation-if the .CKF is a rhythm only. And all these file designators are different depending upon which synth/tone engine Casio incorporated-AHL is not the same as the older ZPI which is not the same as the newer file designators with AIR or AIX-such as the XW/PX360/560/MZ-X series or the newest CTX and CTS.

Yes it is confusing if you are using a variety of Casios. I constantly reference here IDES version 4.0-which I use with an old PX575-because not only does it have a rhythm editor, tone editor and sample mapper for mapping wav files to the PX575 and saving as a full tone-it also has a rhythm converter and complete editor for DSP and all "global" settings-which the PX575 can do. And a virtual drawbar organ panel-complete with stops, click, leslie on/off and several percussion settings. Why I kept my older PX575, although there are several other older Casios that use the IDES 4.0 specifically, don't remember which ones. Probably one of the best software "front-ends" Casio ever made IMO. Why they did not follow through with this software design-they did somewhat with a few newer Casios but left it out of the WK/CTK series with AHL tones.

• Thanks 1

• Grand Master

For Hant the Russian translation..

О_Человек, вы правы - в старых Casio были дополнительные функции редактирования тона и функции сэмплов, которых нет в более новых WK6500/6600/7500/7600 и подобных CTK. Чендлер точно это описал. Более новые Casio используют другие сокращения для тембров, регистраций, ритмов и «всех» файлов, в то время как более старые — в зависимости от модели Casio — использовали только обозначение .ckf — не всегда давали то, чем на самом деле был этот файл ckf — это могло быть ритм, может быть тон. Вы должны были следить за тем, какой из них был самостоятельно. Более новое обозначение .AC7 соответствует старому обозначению файла .CKF, если .CKF является только ритмом. И все эти обозначения файлов различаются в зависимости от того, какой модуль синтезатора/тона использует Casio — AHL отличается от более старого ZPI, который не совпадает с более новыми обозначениями файлов с AIR или AIX, такими как XW/PX360/560/. Серия MZ-X или новейшие модели CTX и CTS. Да, это сбивает с толку, если вы используете различные Casio. Я постоянно ссылаюсь здесь на IDES версии 4.0, которую я использую со старым PX575, потому что он не только имеет редактор ритма, редактор тона и преобразователь сэмплов для сопоставления wav-файлов с PX575 и сохранения в виде полного тона, но также имеет ритм конвертер и полный редактор для DSP и всех «глобальных» настроек, которые может делать PX575. И панель виртуального регистрового органа с упорами, кликами, включением/выключением лесли и несколькими настройками перкуссии. Почему я оставил свой старый PX575, хотя есть несколько других старых Casio, которые используют именно IDES 4.0, не помню, какие именно. Вероятно, один из лучших программных интерфейсов Casio, когда-либо созданных IMO. Почему они не довели до конца этот дизайн программного обеспечения? Они сделали это с несколькими более новыми Casio, но не включили его в серию WK/CTK с тонами AHL.
  • Thanks 1