Video Files on Forum ×

6500 - No sound from Outputs to computer speakers?

Hello ... Ok picked up the 6500...deal was too good to pass up and love all the sound controls.

First question and I'm sure they'll be more.

I have a 1/4" Left/Right cable with a 3.5 mm adapter on the other end to run sound to some computer speakers - in this case. 

Got the 6500 plugged in and getting nothing going to the speakers.

I know the cable is good, used it with a Lowrey when I had it and it's essentially new.  Not impossible it doesn't work but highly unlikely.

My 225 has a single out and so I just use a 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter to the same speakers, no problem.

On that note I tried the same set up to the Mono on the 6500 ... still no sound.

Does the 6500 not dig computer speakers, or did I just buy a board with hooped outputs making it not so good a deal after all?

O

Hi Brad,

First...thanks for reaching out.

Thanks for the headphone suggestion - yes that worked and got me doing another round of testing.  It all works.  

I must be losing my mind as I get older, that or my ears are going to heck or maybe it was just late in the night.  I did make sure this morning that those plugs were in there good so maybe something is up there but it's good and I feel like a twit.

That said, the sound is quite low coming out of those outputs - ran it to my stereo system which has pretty respectable sound and had to turn it up more than thought.

Does that sound right?  Like is the impedance on those outputs quite high?

For the record the 225 is louder in the same set up.

O