Video Files on Forum ×

Does 560 have velocity Curve tweaking

Superman

Although I did appreciate the tone quite well, I found that there was some difference in the responsiveness of the tone to my touch that I couldn't feel great about. When I used it with a software piano, there was significant improvement in this sensitivity. Obviously the dynamic range of the software piano was better. But touch sensitivity was definitely much better than 560 and evidently, the sensors do sense the velocities reliably, which otherwise would have sounded just the same in the software piano. So long story cut short : where can I find velocity curve tweaking in 560.

In addition to what Brad has describec-there are also 2 velocity curve settings avaialble in the PX560 if you are willing to edit a tone-including the pianos. Page 26 in your manual shows a velocity sensitivity setting - + 64 for either or both the filter envelope and the amp envelope. adjusting these settings might give you what you are trying to do. If you want to go deeper-there are additional settings in hex layer editing mode (page 105) that again can set velocity for the filter and key follow-if you wish to brighten or cut filter frequencies depending on which octave you are playing.