Video Files on Forum ×

My 560 is doing strange things!

Mickey

I bought my 560 new about 4 months ago and I absolutely love it! But there were occasions that it started behaving erratically. I was in the default piano tone and when I pressed a key it started repeating and not responding normally. I restarted the keyboard and it then worked fine. This has happened twice, fortunately I was just playing casually. I do gigs and if this happened on stage it would be a disaster! Has this happened to anyone... any suggestions. Thanks

Hi , I have a PX 560M and it has malfunctioned twice with a similar problem, however, if you read the PX-S3000 section of the forum  my entires are relating to failure with the PX-S3000. A long straw but maybe related to similar electronics?

13 hours ago, AndrewL said:

That seems like a dirt issue. You should try blowing some compressed air.

Related post:

My issue is when I press a key, it starts repeating. It's only happened 3 times in as many months. I think I'll call Casio support inasmuch as it's still under warranty.

Edited by Mickey

You replied inside the quote, so people won't see your comment until they expand it. I recommend you edit your post and move the comment out of the quote. :)

Back to the topic, I still think it seems like a dirt issue. Usually all weird key behaviors are due to that, especially if it occurs only on specific keys, and/or randomly.

Edited by AndrewL