Video Files on Forum ×

Deactivate Midi Program Change in Registrations

bimfood

My MZ-X500 does send Midi Program Change data while I´m changing Registration.

How do I deactivate this?

I´d like to send Midi Key On Off and CC-Messages, because I want to use the MZs keybed to play sound on my ipad. So I need the Midi Out Signal. - Parallel to that I want to use the MZ as stand-alone Keyboard for several Sounds and as BackUp-system, if something in my external Midi-Setup chrashes.

If there is some sounds to play from an iPad, why you not sample its sounds into MZ-X by editing from keyboard using Sample Manager software?

MZ-X500 contain 256 MB sampling memory.

If you sample that iPad sound to keyboard, you will no need to use keyboard as a midi keyboard. And you will store that sound to keyboard and save it to your favorite user registration memory.

Edited by Akshansh

I use the iPad as a Soundmodule togehter with an other Masterkeyboard (weighted action) an the MZ-X500 as second keybed.

In parallel to this, I use the MZ-X500 as standalone and backup.

In the main scenario I use the MZ-X´s keybed via midi to play fast synth parts with my iPad-Sounds. AND I use some (user-configurated) sounds from the MZ-X directly. All these I manage in the iPad with aum.

In backup scenario I want to use the MZ-X as fully standalone and plug it directly to the FOH mixer.

• 1 month later...

okay, the mz-x500 was a nice try for me.

I like the engine and the concept of working with sounds.

Everything is simple to use.

The problem is the midi-functionality, so it doesent fit in my setup.

I decided to sell my MZ-X 500.

Edited by bimfood

Filter out midi signal! What do you want to say please explain, may be I'll help you if possible

I also have MZ-X500, purchased Jan 2021 and also going to buy another Fresh New price available here...

I've my studio and having nothing question about that.

Well, you want to filter midi volume that means you wanted Touch Response or wanted Equal Volume to all keys? 

Or

What you wanted to say about FILTER?

Are you also wanted to say that, 

For example: 8 Reg Mem. are there you want some to transfer MIDI and some Only keyboard tones?

Edited by Akshansh

Too bad you are all on the ipad platform, as there has been all kinds of midi filter hardware boxes in the midi din world for a long time. with the right adapter to the ipads, you might be able to connect one of these midi din filter boxes between your ipad and MZ-X since it has DIN ports. and don't most DAWs have sets of midi filters, but then this is the Macintosh or Windows world I am familiar with, for individual functions. Many of my older midi modules and keyboards can filter out whatever you want to filter-program change, channel messages, modulation, etc. I am surprised you can't figure out some way to do this.  another possibility-but expensive-would be to chain another midi device from your MZ-X to your ipad-something that has midi filters such as my old RM1X/MC505. or as I said, look for midi filter devices that can do this-such as "Teenage Engineering", possibly other USB midi filter boxes-or older midi din devices such as Miditech, midi Solutions all have filter functions. I think Mainstage can filter some functions but i am not on the ipad platform.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, Brad Saucier said:

It is not possible to deactivate that.  Tone changes, registration changes will always transmit that data.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, bimfood said:

Is there any way to filter out the midi Volume Signal with external gear?

All of these things can be filtered out. You can use an external box like a MIDI Solutions Event Processor between the keyboard and the iPad, or you can probably also use an app on the iPad itself to do your filtering, e.g. Keystage or Camelot Pro.

• Like 1