Video Files on Forum ×

Carrying case or gig bag for CT-S1000V

I thought I had located a proper  case in the Casio SC 650 so I ordered one. It arrived Friday and is not what I expected. The dimensions are fine, however it's end loading and can only has backpack style carrying handles. Both deal breakers for me. I'm in the process of returning it but would like to find something of similar size with conventional side loading and regular handles. There are tons of cases available but so far they are all 15" to 16" wide and the CT-S1000 would be bouncing around in all that space.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Pat

I ended up getting a case that is 15" wide.  I slide the Styrofoam endcaps from the CT-S1000V shipping box over each end of my CT-SkV and that keeps it from sliding around too much.  There are not many gig bags out there for a 10+" wide instrument!

• Like 1

https://www.gatorcases.com/products/keyboard/keyboard-gig-bags/gkb/slim-61-note-keyboard-gig-bag-gkb-61-slim/

Arrived today

Ordered it from Amazon

It's awesome!!

Top load like most cases instead of end load like the Casio 650.

Conventional handles instead of backpack rig

Well padded and very appropriate size. It has velcro straps to secure the board in place. Costs $10.00 more than the 650 and unless you are a fan of the backpack straps, seems like a great product

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008V8OTEQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

If your looking for something more robust, I've just received my new case. I too have gone down the rifle case route and bought a Nuprol Large Hard Case with pnp foam. It doubles the weight of the keyboard but is still all together under 11kg, including AC adapter and sustain pedal. If I could work out how to add pictures here I could show you! Very happy with it. 

• Like 1

Hi, I got the Gator case mentioned above and it's a perfect fit.  I managed to get a deal on it, otherwise I wouldn't spend 1/3 the price of the keyboard on a case.

I've been curious though how those  soft rifle cases are working out, they don't seem like they would have the height.  Can anyone comment?

10 hours ago, bytemare said:

I've been curious though how those  soft rifle cases are working out, they don't seem like they would have the height.  Can anyone comment?

The one I referenced above fits fine height wise. There is a divider that is intended to divide the main compartment for two rifles. But  it is anchored by velcro and can be moved to top for extra padding. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 10:09 PM, mitchonkeys said:

Wow....  looks great bag.....  unless you're going to a gig at a school or a church.....and you look like a terrorist.... then, not so much.

Ha. I took it on vacation a couple weeks ago.  In the hotel elevator, a guy said to me “looks like you are prepared”. Took me a few seconds to catch his drift 😊

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/22/2022 at 8:00 PM, Sam Mullins said:

I just got this rifle bag and it fits very well with extra pockets for pedals and cables. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9W2KX5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GA844A5KMH1TW6V27ZZ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:58 AM, SassyThirdy said:

is this the 38" or the 42"? thanks for the recommendation.

I'm guessing the 38" given that the keyboard is 36"  and change, but I would love to know as well. 

I might go for the rifle case and save $30 over the Gator.   Just bought this keyboard about 10 minutes ago for about $315

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 5:18 PM, mordonez said:

I'm guessing the 38" given that the keyboard is 36"  and change, but I would love to know as well. 

I might go for the rifle case and save $30 over the Gator.    

been awhile, but IIRC, i bought the 42.  Took it out on tour and it worked great it.