Video Files on Forum ×

Limiting searches in the forum

Why does this forum limit the number of searches in a given time period? I can see restricting the number of posts to limit spam, but when I have to wait to simply refine a previous search, it just makes me not want to use the forum. Thanks!

??? Never came across this. Are you logged in when you search? I usually Google for Casio info and often find what I need to know comes back here! There are so many posts here now (including hundreds of mine) I usually  can't remember where my own posts are since I have so many, so I google it and there it is, especially if you know who the original poster is. Maybe one of the moderators can give you a better answer.

Yes, this is correct. But I can't found any limited search here. My friend whose I was suggested to join the CMF have one question. He said to me that, why I or my one more friend can post anything without an admin approval. While he is limited, he needs an admin approval on our both CT-X facebook group and CMF. Is the restrictions because of his new account? The condition is same? I said Yes, after seeing this post. 🙂

Now my question is, is this correct? 

Unfortunately spammers have made things tougher for everyone else. Most of you haven't seen it, but we've had cases where spammers have made dozens of posts before they were caught and banned. Fortunately the forum software makes it easy for us to clean up, just mark that poster as a spammer and all of their posts get hidden.

Once a person gets established as a good citizen, they can participate more freely.

• Like 2

There is so much valuable information here, and this may be one reason why this user group does not descend into spam and "flaming' wars, where members argue endlessly about how awful something is-without trying to contribute something useful, which can easily happen unfortunately in user groups. Why I've stuck around here-I'm only interested in useful information, helpful support which I've given and received. I am happy every time i see one of the moderators  (or other members) jump in to help with something. This doesn't necessarily happen in other groups I'm in, although there is a selection of valuable resource user groups online for musicians if you know where to look, and who have survived online for a long time. the common element-good moderators who pay attention. Lately I have been deciding which equipment to keep, or which to upgrade to, partially based upon the level of support I can get in an appropriate user group!

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 1