Video Files on Forum ×

Modifying any sounds using edit, shows exclamation mark, cannot save in registration

HardikMinocha
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

When I got the keyboard, I edited some aspects of the Studio Grand Piano (like Piano Effect on, and Fully Open Lid) and some EQ, and I saved it as a registration. I recently overwrote the saved registration, no problem. I made the 

changes again and tried to store it into the registration 4 of Bank 1 (just as an example, the problem is consistent in all banks and registrations). The Storage message is error free, however the Upper 1 sound shows a " ! " sign after editing and it is not saved at all. I change the sound and press the Reg 4 button, and I come back to a completely plain unedited sound again. The storage is being done no problem, IF I save it without any changes but editing the sound is making it impossible to store it. And this is consistent with almost any sound I try to save after applying effects from the edit menu. I've searched the entire manual countless times and even the forum but I cannot seem to figure out the problem here. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated. 

P.S. I did not try resetting my keyboard, which I want to avoid simply because I have a lot of custom sounds stored already, which would be a pain to restore.  But if worse comes to it, I'll have to. 

13 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

On the PX-560, edits to tones must be saved as a user tone.  Once it is saved as a user tone, it will exist in the user tone bank.  Select your new tone from the user tone bank for upper 1.  Now you can store this setup in registration memory. 

I tried doing this as well. Same problem. The thing is as soon as I edit any "Effects" from the Upper 1 Edit menu, the exclamation mark pops up along the Upper 1 sound in the Tone Menu. I can save it neither in the normal sound, nor in the User sound.

• Solution

The exclamation mark means the tone has been edited and has not been saved as a user tone.  There is a write button in the editing menu to do this.  Follow the menus to complete the process.  If this still doesn't work, you'll probably want to explain what you're doing in more detail, perhaps add a video.  

6 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

The exclamation mark means the tone has been edited and has not been saved as a user tone.  There is a write button in the editing menu to do this.  Follow the menus to complete the process.  If this still doesn't work, you'll probably want to explain what you're doing in more detail, perhaps add a video.  

Thanks, I'll try that and get back to you :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Thanks a lot man! This worked for me. Sorry for not replying to this earlier 😄