Video Files on Forum ×

Auto Harmonize: What do "country style harmony" and "big band style harmony" actually mean?

Those selections add harmony notes to your melody notes appropriate for those types of music.  Country will add a single note to your melody, the nearest chord note above the melody note.  Big band will add a full chord to your melody using the nearest notes below the melody, inversions if necessary.  

• 1 month later...

Big Band works similarly to the "Block" or "4Way Close" found on Yamaha keyboards, it basically adds a block chord to the note you're playing

If you understand jazz, you will also understand how this harmony works. 

Perfect for playing classic jazz tunes like "Lullaby of Birdland" or "Fly Me to the Moon". Pick a jazz rhythm (I would recommend "Jazz Combo 2"), select a piano tone, layer it with vibraphone and there you go. A 1950s standard jazz feel reminiscent of George Shearing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pravito said:

Perfect for playing classic jazz tunes like "Lullaby of Birdland" or "Fly Me to the Moon". Pick a jazz rhythm (I would recommend "Jazz Combo 2"), select a piano tone, layer it with vibraphone and there you go. A 1950s standard jazz feel reminiscent of George Shearing

Basically, it should sound like this.

Yikes! I like this one better....I know its a little early for Christmas but....never to early to be a little festive....I think Lionel Hampton was a little more shall we say....tasteful? Or maybe a little Gary Burton would help here. I don't mean to be critical, just a little comparative reflection on style.

• Like 1