Video Files on Forum ×

Privia Live Event 9/22

Mike Martin

Hey everyone. Due to some technical difficulties we had to reschedule. Our live event is now scheduled for 9/22 at 1pm EST.

You can join us here on the Casio site or directly on Youtube

Joining us in the event - interview some of our stars including actress and singer-songwriter Alicia Witt, Steve Weingart, Leon Thomasian and Christian Matthew Cullen. We'll be taking questions live as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

🤨 Who said that?  I did not see anyone say that. 

I'm guessing both PX-S6000 and PX-S7000 have same engine with something more or less. 

Two layers ,  Wide variety of chained DSP (which impresses me) But how many sounds can have

dsp at once 2  or 4. a single arpeggio is this programmable. Are the pedals programmable. 

How many of your own sound set can be stored and recalled if you go on stage with it.

If this can be answered there might be some of a successor hidden in these board.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 1:09 PM, XW-Addict said:

Can't wait to see as of why the PX-s7000 could be seen as px-5s replacement  as been stated 😈

No, it is not.  Who said that?? It is a new platform which includes a new action but it does not have many of the capabilities of a stage piano / MIDI controller of the PX-5S.  That being said some of our artists that use the PX-5S have played the new instruments are wanting into incorporate them into both their studio and live rigs. 

• Like 2

My first impression of this new S7000:

-the new Brush Drums sounds promising, very realistic

FINALLY! The Berlin Grand makes its debut on Privia. This is undoubtedly my favorite piano sound from Casio 

The electric pianos are superb, especially the "Greatest Love EP"  (DX/FM E.Piano) that sounds very faithful to the real thing. I also love the improved Rhodes samples 

I really hope these new samples could be carried on for the CT-X5000/3000 successor (or any other Privia models)

Edited by Pravito

On 9/17/2022 at 5:45 AM, XW-Addict said:

If this can be answered there might be some of a successor hidden in these board.

Oh yes, I think I see what you're saying now.  I had to read your post a few more times.  😅 These definitely look like they would make solid pro pianos.  The new action alone seems worth it, plus those 3 distinct pianos on the S7000 makes it suitable for anything you want to play.  

2 hours ago, Pravito said:

the new Brush Drums sounds promising, very realistic

Agreed.  I noticed the new brush drum kit in one particular demo video.  Sounds great!  

Oh please, please please-put these new pianos and key action in a new Casio stage piano "workstation"-a hybrid PX5s/560/s6000/7000-this has already been posted ad nauseum here, but it would be a wonderful thing-add the touchscreen, full synth tone editing and hex layers-17 track sequencer with editing features and a fully programmable mixer section with DSP's. And real-time sliders. if you can beat for example the newest Kurzeil k2700/PC4, this might turn Casio completely at the top of the keyboard foodchain. And sampling-but full sample editing/sample inputs, like my Alesis Fusion (wow I'm asking for alot here). In a lightweight board-could beat the pants off Roland, Yamaha and Korg-maybe add FM and physical modeling???? Now I'm getting crazy. Or maybe the new voice paradigm from the CTS-1000.  Casio could call it the PMX/S100000. 

After all, if Casio could make Chris Elliot's famous "Chronosync 2000" wristwatch which melted in the shower, they can do this!!!! Only kidding, this wasn't a Casio-must have been a Roland, Korg or Yamaha. Well I am jokeyman...so forgive me, this is off-topic.😛

chronosync 2000.jpg

14 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Agreed.  I noticed the new brush drum kit in one particular demo video.  Sounds great!  

We really needs a new sample for the brush kit. Most Casio keyboards have been using the same brush drum samples since the AHL Sound Source era, only with an addition of brush toms in CTK-6000/7000 models 

On 9/18/2022 at 4:03 AM, Mike Martin said:

No, it is not.  Who said that?? It is a new platform which includes a new action but it does not have many of the capabilities of a stage piano / MIDI controller of the PX-5S.  That being said some of our artists that use the PX-5S have played the new instruments are wanting into incorporate them into both their studio and live rigs. 

I've interpretted that wrongly and hastly from this 

My bad guys accidently stirred things up 😅