Video Files on Forum ×

Chord Triggers

mitchelljay

Not exactly sure what you want to create. There are a few ways you can create 2 different playable tones/pitches if I'm reading this right.  The easiest is just create a hex layer-you don't have to use all 6 layers-you can just turn 2 on and use those.  Use whatever tone you want in each of the 2 hex layer tones, detune to whatever tuning you want and save, from a half-step up 2 I think 2 octaves. Of course this will only work for that hex layer tone, not globally. Another way-but again will be limited to however you set it up...just call up 2 tones in the main menu screen-where you see the 4 choices for upper and lower tones-and detune however you want between the 2 tones in that menu-2 piano tones for example, save in a registration if you always want to call up that combination. OR...edit whatever tone you want to use-and simply tune any 2 oscillators to whatever pitch difference you want and now that tone will always play as a duel pitch sound. there are some factory tones that already do this, not at my PX560 right now so don't remember which specifically. Keith Emerson made this idea popular using fifths for lead tones-a C and G is a fifth apart.

I don't recall specifically on the 560, but many of the Casio arrangers have a variety of selections to change your lead or melody tone to play a full chord for each key in dfferent voicings and one of those choices specifically voices only a 2-note harmony-actually not strictly a harmony-I think for imitating pedal steel tones but doesn't allow for independent bending of only one tone out of the 2-but that's another story altogether! I will check my 560 to see if that is an option-I have so many keys I work with, i can't always remember everything they all do...I am currently restoring an Alesis Micron just for giggles....we should all have such problems, eh? 🤪🤪

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.  I am trying to see if I can do some things directly on the PX560 that I can do with Mainstage 3.  I can assign a single note to play any multiple notes I choose when pressed.  For example, I can assign a C note to play C and E when pressed.