Video Files on Forum ×

Help with recording multiple instruments / urgent / thanks

Bobb

Hi, 

I have just bought Casio WK7600 and I need help regarding recording multiple instruments. I can not catch from the manual how I can record piano on drums and to add later strings, choir and voice... The manual is a bit confusing. 
Also, when I go inside the mixer settings, it doesn't want to change tones on different channels. I mean, I can change it, but it doesn't save it when I want to record, it goes back automatically to previous instrument recorded. I need help regarding this simple thing, as at this moment I don't want to work with tone setups etc. I just want to record my song and the manual is of no help. 

Thank you in advance!!! 

The WK7600 is similar to many of the Casios with the 17-track recorder in one very important aspect that is a little tricky to understand.

The only track that will retain settings for program tones, panning, volume for each individual track-is the master track. In other words, to do what one would need to do to set up every tone, volume, pan-and also tempo by the way-is to set these up for each track with the mixer-then-record a "dummy" blank track using the master track, or if recording an auto-accompaniment with that master track-you would have to set up all the other tones in each track first, then record your accompaniment track and the "solo" or individual tone you want to use with the auto accompaniment. Now your settings will be retained. And this is the hard part-you cannot overdub the master track-I am pretty sure the 7600 only allows one "take" and any subsequent re-recording on the master track will erase the entire contents you have previously set up. This is why you can change a tone on an individual track, and it will revert back to whatever tone was selected, even if you have not used the master track at all, as will any other mixer settings that can be edited.

My style of working with this-I think of this process like "striping" in the old recording sense-when an sound engineer would record a timing track on one machine to keep multiple recorders or other devices in sync. I don't generally use the master track for an individual tone or rhythm accompaniment-which is the rationale I am guessing for Casio designing the song recorder like this-for recording a full accompaniment with all its proper tones and volumes that make up a pre-defined .ac7 or .ckf rhythm preset. This is limiting of course because if you need to monitor your mix levels for a multi-track recording, its a one-shot process unless you keep the master track as a "dummy" track with nothing in it. Then you can set up all your other tracks, "stripe" those settings with the master track, then monitor your levels and if you need to change them, reset what you need and re-record the master track.

I'd have to check the manual, if the master track allows for overdubbing, solves alot of problems. Every Casio I've used and recorded with does not have overdubbing capability on the master track-or on any other track as I'm recalling. Long-winded post, I hope it helps.

PS-Brad, Chandler, Chas, Mike M. anybody I've left out-if I have this slightly off-base, please jump in and correct me.

Edited by Jokeyman123

Mixer settings within a recorded song is called "header settings".  You'll find some good descriptive information in the manual about header settings and "panel settings", and how to overwrite the header data with new mixer settings after a song is already recorded.  The new mixer settings ultimately can be saved using the "panel record" function in the song sequencer menu.  

Есть видео на Ютуб, где очень подробно всё расписано про запись инструментов, по-шагово . Немного коряво, но понять можно.  " Я имею в виду, что я могу изменить его, но он не сохраняет его, когда я хочу записать, он автоматически возвращается к предыдущему записанному инструменту" Сохранять настройки тона нужно уже в ЮХЕР ских(своих) тонах. В память ROM не залезть!!!Никак. Т.е. изменил ТОН - сохранил в папку ЮЗЕР. Так и с ритмическим фалом - изменил - сохранил. Потом "вызываешь" ТОН и РИТМ, редактируешь (если надо) и сохраняешь в ячейку РЕГ памяти. Вроде так.