Video Files on Forum ×

Casio WK 7600 vs WK 8000

SebaWolf

Hello community! 

I am looking to buy the 8000 WK keyboard and I wanted to know if it is a good purchase over the more recently 7600?

I know the additional keys and the bars in the organs are a factor But I know that the modulation wheel is kind of the same.

Thank uou

Aside form the obvious differences-76 keys on WK7600 vs. 88 on the 8000-neither of which are hammer-action keys, I had looked into the 8000 but ended up with the PX575 which has alot of similarities to the WK8000 except the hammer action keys on the 575.

The sound engines used for each are different. The 7600 has the newer, somewhat better AHL sound engine while the 8000 uses the prior ZPI, which is no slouch for sounds either IMO. The WK8000 uses the IDES 4.0 software including a drawbar, Leslie on/off and percussion software front-end but also has hardware buttons instead of drawbars while the 7600 has the drawbars.  I haven't owned the 8000 so can't speak from direct experience.  i have had the WK series with the AHL sound engine. I honestly ended up liking the older ZPI overall but that's me-the 575 uses the same soundset as the WK8000 so I am familiar with that too.

I also thought the operating systems on the older 8000/575 are easier to work around than the newer WK series-the screen is larger, easier to read and the functions didn't seem quite as "hidden" in menus. Maybe some others can weigh in, but the WK8000 looks a little more solidly constructed and I am not sure the key action is the same-I have a sense the 88-key action may actually be better than the 76, more substantially built even though it is not weighted or graded as is my PX575 but I haven't played an 8000, why I went with the 575 for a classic Casio. And if music notation is something you'd like to see-the 8000 will show your chords on a score in the screen which can be useful. and the 8000 will weigh more but not by much-18 pounds for the 7600, 23 for the 8000, pretty lightweight for an 88-key. an neither have midi DIN ports if you need to hook up to older midi equipment but both have USB ports for computer connection.  hard call, good luckeither way.

1 hour ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Aside form the obvious differences-76 keys on WK7600 vs. 88 on the 8000-neither of which are hammer-action keys, I had looked into the 8000 but ended up with the PX575 which has alot of similarities to the WK8000 except the hammer action keys on the 575.

The sound engines used for each are different. The 7600 has the newer, somewhat better AHL sound engine while the 8000 uses the prior ZPI, which is no slouch for sounds either IMO. The WK8000 uses the IDES 4.0 software including a drawbar, Leslie on/off and percussion software front-end but also has hardware buttons instead of drawbars while the 7600 has the drawbars.  I haven't owned the 8000 so can't speak from direct experience.  i have had the WK series with the AHL sound engine. I honestly ended up liking the older ZPI overall but that's me-the 575 uses the same soundset as the WK8000 so I am familiar with that too.

I also thought the operating systems on the older 8000/575 are easier to work around than the newer WK series-the screen is larger, easier to read and the functions didn't seem quite as "hidden" in menus. Maybe some others can weigh in, but the WK8000 looks a little more solidly constructed and I am not sure the key action is the same-I have a sense the 88-key action may actually be better than the 76, more substantially built even though it is not weighted or graded as is my PX575 but I haven't played an 8000, why I went with the 575 for a classic Casio. And if music notation is something you'd like to see-the 8000 will show your chords on a score in the screen which can be useful. and the 8000 will weigh more but not by much-18 pounds for the 7600, 23 for the 8000, pretty lightweight for an 88-key. an neither have midi DIN ports if you need to hook up to older midi equipment but both have USB ports for computer connection.  hard call, good luckeither way.

Thank you very much for the reply jockey man, indeed the advantage of the 88 keys is great and with the modulation wheel you can have really good Leslie organs or drawbars.

I think I would end buying the 8000WK and I understand the engine sound, but hearing some YouTube videos is not soooo bad for daily music playing on my home, since I will not take it into gigs or live performance but I think even though it should perform very well.

Maybe there is another user with the experience with the keyboards but thank you for your review!

Tell you more thing-and again I'd bet anything the PX575 and WK8000 are identical in this regard-one of the reasons I kept the PX575-and I have a PX560 to compare-I was very surprised at how good the organ sounds were on this. The ZPI sound engine is surprisingly good for the electric and acoustic pianos too. the drumkits-definitely right up there with anything I've played.  I don't think you'd be disappointed either way- 7600 or 8000.

Don't be like me, I'd buy both and get myself in more debt! But then, that's why I'm Joe-key-man. I have keyboards my wife reminds me-in almost every room in the house (not in the bathrooms, they hate that)! I'm never more than a few seconds away from a Casio, Korg, Yamaha, Alesis or...well never mind!  I am not a hoarder...I am not a hoarder...I am not a hoarder!!!!  I just love...sounds......:hitt::hitt:  😜    🤪

• 1 month later...

Any news on an upgrade model for WK 7600. I’ve owned one for last 6-7 years and love the board especially the organ drawbars and speaker quality. I would love to see an upgrade and would instantly buy it as long as it had min of 73 keys and the drawbars