Video Files on Forum ×

do i have to turn the keyboard off and on to reset my previous settings? I searched the instructions but can't find many answers. I am a really new beginner and appreciate your help. Have a great day.

Brooklynfrankie
Go to solution Solved by Mclandy,

You can, as long as auto resume is turned off in the function settings menu.  Also, at any point where you're adjusting settings on the display, you can press the yes + and no - buttons at the same time to reset something to default.  Another tip is to store your favorite default setup as registration 1 bank 1, this way you can always return to that setup easily.  

• Like 2

• Solution
15 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Another tip is to store your favorite default setup as registration 1 bank 1, this way you can always return to that setup easily.  

I'd strongly second this approach, because I find that my "preferred initial setup" is definitely not the same as Casio's default settings.

Hi, maybe my question was misunderstood.

Here's my problem.

When I turn on the ct x3000, it defaults to "no privioues settings. Then when I select categories or rythems and then decide that I do not want any of the selected, and want to reset to default or normal. I can't find anyway to reset.

Is there any way to delete all settings, "reset" and return back to begin or normal without turning the keyboard off and then turning it back on?

I darn near searched the book but, nada!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Brooklynfrankie
spelling

We understood the question.  Perhaps it'll help if I reword my previous post and expand on it. 

In essence, you are asking how to save a registration.  Registrations store keyboard settings for easy recall.  In this case, the settings you want to store are those you found whenever the keyboard is first turned on.  Here is how...

1. Turn on the keyboard.

2. Find the registration buttons and the store button

3. Hold the store button while pressing registration button 1. 

Casio's default setup will be stored to button registration 1, bank 1.  Press that button to recall those settings at any time.  

In case it's not clear, a "Registration" is basically a "snapshot" of a complete collection of settings for the keyboard (much more than just "sounds").  On the CT-X3000, you can save up to 128 of these registrations, and switch to any of them at any time with just a push of a Registration button. You can define a Registration however you want, just by setting the keyboard to the desired state, and storing a registration as Brad describes above.  If you happen to want a saved registration state that exactly matches Casio's "default" settings after power up, just store that once in one of the Registrations, and you can easily get back to that state at any time by pressing that Registration button.  You may find over time, however, that you prefer some alternatives to Casio's defaults (for example, I like to have Accompaniment enabled, but Casio defaults it to off), so of course you can adjust whichever settings you want, and store that instead.  Basically, with Registrations, your "default" setup can be whatever you want it to be.  There is no right or wrong (and nothing special about Casio's defaults) -- the preference is yours.

Edited by Mclandy

On 1/23/2023 at 8:31 PM, Brad Saucier said:

We understood the question.  Perhaps it'll help if I reword my previous post and expand on it. 

In essence, you are asking how to save a registration.  Registrations store keyboard settings for easy recall.  In this case, the settings you want to store are those you found whenever the keyboard is first turned on.  Here is how...

1. Turn on the keyboard.

2. Find the registration buttons and the store button

3. Hold the store button while pressing registration button 1. 

Casio's default setup will be stored to button registration 1, bank 1.  Press that button to recall those settings at any time.  

Hi, ok now i understood much better, 👍 thank you much. When I bought the Casio, i thought it would be as easy to setup like a Yamaha. The instuckion book from Casio is very confusing. I can't find an index that shows which page to see for examples. YouTube had helped on a few puzzled things though, reading instruction while experimenting with different things is more helpful. I won't give up. I hope it's ok if i return with other diffecultirs again.

This helped much better than the book. 👍10!

Hope you all have a great day.

Edited by Brooklynfrankie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brooklynfrankie said:

Hi, ok now i understood much better, 👍 thank you much. When I bought the Casio, i thought it would be as easy to setup like a Yamaha. The instuckion book from Casio is very confusing. I can't find an index that shows which page to see for examples. YouTube had helped on a few puzzled things though, reading instruction while experimenting with different things is more helpful. I won't give up. I hope it's ok if i return with other diffecultirs again. Hope you all have a great day.

Agreed, the Casio has some great sounds and tonnes of features (maybe too many!) but the manual and UI isn't always the greatest.

Still, overall a great product for the price.

4 hours ago, Brooklynfrankie said:

Hi, ok now i understood much better, 👍 thank you much. When I bought the Casio, i thought it would be as easy to setup like a Yamaha. The instuckion book from Casio is very confusing. I can't find an index that shows which page to see for examples. YouTube had helped on a few puzzled things though, reading instruction while experimenting with different things is more helpful. I won't give up. I hope it's ok if i return with other diffecultirs again.

This helped much better than the book. 👍10!

Hope you all have a great day.

The terminology can be confusing, too.  And definitely some of the YouTube videos are better at explaining "How to...".  But this forum is also a great resource, so don't hesitate to ask.