Video Files on Forum ×

stream audio via bluetooth from casio px-s1000

kwill
Go to solution Solved by Jokeyman123,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the px-s1000 to a bluetooth box and play the sound additionally on this box? My Goal is to stream the sound to another room so people in that room could listen to me play?

Edited by kwill

• kwill changed the title to stream audio via bluetooth from casio px-s1000
  • Solution

What I use is the Takstar WMP-200 wireless (not bluetooth) transmitter/receiver system, looks like only around 30-40 US dollars for the system. The transmitter uses a frequency range in the high 700MHz range-not the same frequency as bluetooth-same as some wireless mikes and headsets-which also do not have any audio lag. The Takstar is the same technology. the transmitter also needs a "wall-wart" power supply which comes with it although I use a portable cellphone 12V power pack. The receiver runs off 2 AA batteries, has switchable frequency channels. NO AUDIO LAG.

A little more complicated to set up-the transmitter has 1 1/4" stereo jack-you'd have to use the right audio adapter cable from your Casio to the Takstar-I use the keyboard stereo headphone jack out to the Takstar. Might have to adjust the volume on the Casio a bit.

The Takstar receiver has a mini stereo headphone output jack 1/8"-I use this system to plug in my best headsets-so becomes a wireless headphone setup-works all over the house, not sure what the range is but it easily beats bluetooth. It has a volume control and channel switch right inside the panel door. NO LAG!

In your situation-instead of plugging headphones into the receiver's output jack, with the right audio cable-easy-its a 1/8" stereo plug out to a 2-connector RCA directly to a stereo amp input or PA head with 1/4" plugs on the end instead of RCA-or with a different audio cable you could adapt this receiver to input to something else. I've had it working into my stereo line inputs into a Zoom multi-track digital recorder which uses two 1/4" monophonic jacks-or with a different audio adapter-right into a guitar amp which won't sound terribly good but will work. OR...one of the cheap and cheerful newer little Chinese stereo amps that use RCA stereo inputs which I connect to a pair of (not Bluetooth but wired) bookshelf speakers. You will need to amplify that stereo headphone output though, but it is wireless stereo.

Yes you will need to become better acquainted with the joys of stereo and mono adapters and adapter cables-but once you get this setup-just about anything that has an audio out will go into the Takstar transmitter (I use it for wireless TV audio even though I have bluetooth sets-bluetooth only goes out a few feet, i can walk outside and still be hearing whatever is connected to the other end with the Takstar. So for me at least-far superior to messing with bluetooth/syncing/dropped signals etc. It has its uses but for live lag-free sound/music and a stronger signal, I like this Takstar setup. There may be similar non-bluetooth systems like this, but this is one of the simplest I've found, and IT WORKS!