Video Files on Forum ×

Hard Trouble

Numair Adil
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Hi, i have got my ctx5000 in last December, so it been using since a year ago, after few months i have faced a weird issue 1st time, some buttons of my keyboard started misbehaving and doing wrong functions when i tap on it, in order to this i have tried several methods to resolve including factory reset.. But no luck found 😔 but one fine morning i turned on my keyboard and got a pleasant shock that it was quite well as there was nothing issues as always.. All buttons were working well as thay should to do.. 🙄 But after few months keyboard misbehaving again, now when i turn on my keyboard, its hanging on any drum beat as default 1st tone, nothing i can do to change anything or settings, by pressing keys i can listen default Stage001 piano sound, but nothing can do anything and use any function out there 😭 can anyone help me out, can someone tell me what is this weird situation?? Is it software glitch or anything else??? Thanks in advance 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I am leaving YouTube link below of my issue, kindly watch and suggest the solution.. Thanks.. 

https://youtu.be/eAPB43kUhI4?si=ib7broECpgSx8za9

Edited by Numair Adil

2 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Please use YouTube for videos.  Are you using your keyboard outdoors?  Has it been subjected to moisture and or dirt?  Does it remain indoors in a dry and clean environment covered when not in use?  It sounds like the buttons need cleaning.  

No bro, not at all... I didn't used it ever in outdoors or any kind of dusty environment.. Its placed at the same place from day 1st at my home studio room, remain always covered when not using.. All buttons was perfectly working before an hour when i faced this problem 1st time, its not about issues like you asking for.. 

Anyway leaving YouTube link below as per your advise, kindly watch and observe the issue and help me if you find some solution, thanks in advance 🙏🏻

https://youtu.be/eAPB43kUhI4?si=ib7broECpgSx8za9

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

1. Turn on the keyboard by pressing the power button.

2. Press the function button.

3. Press the number 1 button.

The display should indicate the firmware version number.  Does it? 

If it does not, the buttons are malfunctioning and will need servicing by a technician.  

Bro kindly watch the video on YouTube by given link.. You will see no any button is working. The keyboard is hanged... 

If it does not, the buttons are malfunctioning and will need servicing by a technician.  

It needs servicing by a technician.  There is nothing you can do as a user when the buttons do not respond.  

The keyboard is covered by a 1 year warranty.  Please contact Casio in your region for assistance. 

1 minute ago, Brad Saucier said:

It needs servicing by a technician.  There is nothing you can do when the buttons do not respond

Bro buttons are just fine, because every few days the keyboard itself starts working fine suddenly, even if it does for a day or two.

If the buttons were damaged or there was some other hardware problem, it would not have been fixed automatically.

• Solution

If the buttons start working again, check your firmware version using my instructions above.  If the version lower than 1.08, update your firmware here.   

If the version is already 1.08 or higher and the problem remains, contact Casio in your region for support.  This would be a repair or warranty issue.  Keep in mind that the warranty period is limited.  

37 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

If the buttons start working again, check your firmware version using my instructions above.  If the version lower than 1.08, update your firmware here.   

If the version is already 1.08 or higher and the problem remains, contact Casio in your region for support.  This would be a repair or warranty issue.  Keep in mind that the warranty period is limited.  

My firmware is already updated to 1.08.. Unfortunately there no Casio Outlet or service center in my region, i bought this one from Singapore 😰 i have emailed several times to Casio regarding this issue but doesn't get a single reply from them, i am totally helpless, I even don't know how much warranty time left, and its impossible to me to let it bring Singapore again to claim.. I think its all over.. There is no hope to resolve 😭😭😭

Do you have anything connected to the keyboard other than the power supply?  Is USB connected?  Is a flash drive connected? 

Yes i have connected a new usb to update it's firmware to 1.08 ten months ago, and then i saved my tonel and rhythmic data into that usb.. But please I have a prove of my words now.. Just half hour ago i turned on my keyboard and its working fine as normal.. But i know its temporary... I have seen dozen of times these things... For prove I am leaving YouTube link of video which i have just recorded a half hour ago... Kindly watch it out.. 

https://youtu.be/q74fmjRMjdI?si=9GGA-y4AJkR1j30H

29 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

What were you doing when it happened?  You said recording, recording how?  MIDI recorder?  Pattern sequencer?  

Bro i was talking about video recording, which I have done yesterday when my keyboard became normal suddenly..  This is the link below of that video recording.. 

https://youtu.be/q74fmjRMjdI?si=9GGA-y4AJkR1j30H

4 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

I understand you completely.  Answer my questions please.  What were you doing whenever it happened?  Exactly what were you doing?  Are you saying you were doing nothing at all?  Did it freeze when you first turned it on?  

I was do nothing, just turned on the keyboard to cheak current situation, and it was behaving normal on that time, so i recorded video to show you this... After some hours it was again hanged at same night as previous.. 😞

After some hours.  Was it powered off during those hours?  If the issue is entirely random, unfortunately this forum will be unable to help.  To be clear, we are an independent user forum, so our ability to help is limited.  

The only real solution to this situation is marked above.  At this point, I am trying to Identity a repeating pattern of events that may be leading to the issue, so I can help you avoid those events.  That's the limit of what can be done here.  

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

After some hours.  Was it powered off during those hours?  If the issue is entirely random, unfortunately this forum will be unable to help.  To be clear, we are an independent user forum, so our ability to help is limited.  

The only real solution to this situation is marked above.  At this point, I am trying to Identity a repeating pattern of events that may be leading to the issue, so I can help you avoid those events.  That's the limit of what can be done here.  

Hmmm.. So can you suggest any forum or official place from Casio where i can approach to get solution for my issue??? Really grateful to you sir.. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

There might be some hope, but Brad is right-if under warranty I would work on that through Casio International.

One other possibility-if I may Brad-the CTX5000 uses a specific kind of power supply, that looks similar to a laptop computer power supply. These are generally "switching" power supplies that can vary the voltage depending upon how much current and voltage the laptop, or in your case, the keyboard might need. There is a possibility that your supply might be malfunctioning in that it will work for awhile, then suddenly drop its voltage through a malfunction.  I have seen electronic devices behave this way-suddenly only certain functions work, or will lock up completely due to not enough power. If this is too complicated for you, I would try the simplest check-get a new power supply for this Casio, an identical one, and see if that solves the problem. From this far distance, that is the best I can diagnose, but it is possibly what the problem is. The CTX5000 needs alot of power for its internal amp, more than the other CTX series and if the power supply is not right-the keyboard will not have enough power to work properly, and if it is a switching supply, this is exactly what could happen. sometimes it will work, and sometimes not. Otherwise, I'd stick with Brad's solution.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

There might be some hope, but Brad is right-if under warranty I would work on that through Casio International.

One other possibility-if I may Brad-the CTX5000 uses a specific kind of power supply, that looks similar to a laptop computer power supply. These are generally "switching" power supplies that can vary the voltage depending upon how much current and voltage the laptop, or in your case, the keyboard might need. There is a possibility that your supply might be malfunctioning in that it will work for awhile, then suddenly drop its voltage through a malfunction.  I have seen electronic devices behave this way-suddenly only certain functions work, or will lock up completely due to not enough power. If this is too complicated for you, I would try the simplest check-get a new power supply for this Casio, an identical one, and see if that solves the problem. From this far distance, that is the best I can diagnose, but it is possibly what the problem is. The CTX5000 needs alot of power for its internal amp, more than the other CTX series and if the power supply is not right-the keyboard will not have enough power to work properly, and if it is a switching supply, this is exactly what could happen. sometimes it will work, and sometimes not. Otherwise, I'd stick with Brad's solution.

Hi, thanks for your kind interest.. 

Yes I have already tested out all these things in these 10 months, got a new same power adopter and checked with my keyboard.. But no luck at all... Same happened what from old one having before.. After trying dozens of possible things i had came here to find some help.. 😞