Video Files on Forum ×

Sound Quality Casio PX S7000

Hi everyone, I’ve just traded up from a Casio AP700 to a PX S7000 and I’m finding that the S7000 doesn’t have the same deep sound as the AP700, in fact it sounds pretty plinky.

I like the additional selection of instruments and the ability to control the keyboard via my iPad i just can’t replicate the deeper bass and rich sound the AP700 offered. It almost sounds like it missing a sub woofer.

Just wondered if anyone had had the same issue and found something in the settings. I was even toying with the idea of an amp and speakers but that seems a bit of overkill for my home usage.

Thanks

Pete 

Hi Pete.  It makes sense that the AP-700 would have deeper bass.  It has a 60 watt total, 6 speaker sound system with a larger cabinet to work with, probably more efficient.  PX-S7000 packs 4 speakers at 32 watts total into a slim portable chassis.   As with most portable keyboards or pianos, deeper bass would be found by adding some good external monitors.  You may even find it possible to add a subwoofer.  I've seen some forum members connect powered subwoofers to keyboards before, creating a 2.1 channel type sound system using the internal speakers and sub combined.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The subwoofer idea is nice.  Maybe a subwoofer that was somewhat acoustically balancerd with the PX-S7000 built in speakers.  What sort of subwoofer might be a good match?  I have the Harmonius Mustard PS-X7000, and while I don’t expect to find a color match for the yellow color, something matching the legs might be nice.

I haven't tried it myself, so I can only guess. If I were to try it, I would look for a powered sub with adjustable crossover.  I don't know what the low freq cutoff is for the pianos own internal speakers, so a sub with adjustable crossover would take some experimenting to match up.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. The PX-s7000 sounds awesome on my headphones but not full and warm through the speakers. It may have something to do with the fact it's standing against a stone wall and on a wooden floor. No curtains or rugs or anything.  I asked Casio Support for advice and they said a subwoofer is not needed because the keyboard doesn't go into such a low frequency range. They advised to look at a three-way system like those from Logitech. Remarkable because in my opinion Logitech only makes cheap systems for computers. Has anyone suggestions for another (small and preferable harmonius mustard 🙂) speaker system that fits the PX-S7000. Or would a subwoofer indeed be the solution?

• 2 weeks later...