Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI and Rythms for CT-X5000

FlashyEagle8

Hi

Wanted to know few aspects about Midi and Rythms.

Does this keyboard can use any Midi files from any artists' songs ?

Does the CT-X5000 can be compatible in importing Rythms files from other brand's keyboard or just between Casio Models ?

As for Midi files related to CT-X5000, in the Download section, only 3 files are enclosed.

It be cool if in the near future a new variety of files would be stored, because there are tons on other series and models....

As for Rythms, quite same story, and it'd'be great if more packs would be posted here !

With Rythms files/packs, is the CT-X5000  compatible with other hrands or just with Casio series or only from same model ?

Please, feel free to post me your usefull answers, so that i can easily go beyond

Thanks for helping me !

Ho, thats great news !

Im glad to see u can upload rythms between all Casios models. 

So far, im not sure if my CT-X5000 is a Modern keyboard because its a cheap and first entry-range keyboard, where beside are Pro Workstations like Privia etc.

Anyway, can i upload rythms from Privia (or any higher keyboards) to CT-X5000 ? 

I guess yes, but can u recall me that ?

As for Rythms files, yes i saw'on the Forum, in the Share files section where Official and Members creations, but at that time i didnt know that those files are compatible between all Casio models.

So that's cool and yes, i saw'the Brazilian Packs, tho !

Tnx Brad

Byw, is it normal that in the Rythm Accomp, the Finger Bass (Left hand) that u press as a Chord, sounds too neutral (without creativeness) and low in Volume And on the Right hand is so Loud ?

And also that the FILL are so poor in sound variety ?

Maybe its reason why people like you and me search for those Packs ?

Anyway, can someone'explain me that Rythm Accomp weakness'with sound ?

Thanks folks

• 2 weeks later...

Getting bach here to implementate the case of the weak quality of the rythmic 1-Fingering chord.

Actually, the 1 finger chord is bland at a low-volume and unhomogeneous with the other instruments of the rythm/accomp and produce a very basic Artificial (one-Tetris) sound which spoils the whole Rythm...

Maybe to increase its volume or change that Rythmic instrument issue ?

However, ive tested that with imported midi Song, then the "original midi rythm/accomp is being'calibrated with Casio's default Rythm system and it's awful.

Again that same,issue  as i've mentionned above.

Is there a way to Harmonize it a bit (-or more) to make it sound realistic ?

Ofc, best way would be to create a Rythm, but i don't want that.

If u have any ideas, or if its still'unclear, please just let me know

Thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8

My appologises here

After reposting here, again saw an unexpected similar Topic like mine, with deeper elaborated explanation through some greedy solution.

Therefore i'll close my Topic.

Although, discussions to be continued on the other Thread

mentionned above

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8

How to transfer the "downloaded" rythm style, tone, mid" (from download section) , assuming they are already saved onto FlashDisk, but

How can u save on Keyboard ?

Where do those files go ? In a Registraation Bank or on the Tone list for new tones called No_Name and same for Rythm Styles with its Styles list ?

What's the process for doing that ? 

If you have Rhythm files (.AC7) or Tone files (.TON) on a USB flash drive, you can load them into User Rhythms (slots 294-393) or User Tones (slots 801-900), respectively.  MIDI files (.MID) cannot be "loaded" into the keyboard, but you can play a MIDI file that is stored on the flash drive.   The process is described in the manual on page EN-119 through EN-123, along with the types of files supported.

If you have a computer that you can connect to your keyboard (USB cable required), you can use the Casio Data Manger program to transfer these kinds of files directly to and from the computer, without having to put them on a USB flash drive:
https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=1796

Note: The USB cable to your computer has to have a USB Type-B connector (the kind typically used for printers or scanners) on one end, and it does NOT go in the same connector as the USB Flash Drive, but rather the USB Type-B socket next to it.

Edited by Mclandy

43 minutes ago, Mclandy said:

If you have Rhythm files (.AC7) or Tone files (.TON) on a USB flash drive, you can load them into User Rhythms (slots 294-393) or User Tones (slots 801-900), respectively.  MIDI files (.MID) cannot be "loaded" into the keyboard, but you can play a MIDI file that is stored on the flash drive.   The process is described in the manual on page EN-119 through EN-123, along with the types of files supported.

If you have a computer that you can connect to your keyboard (USB cable required), you can use the Casio Data Manger program to transfer these kinds of files directly to and from the computer, without having to put them on a USB flash drive:
https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=1796

Note: The USB cable to your computer has to have a USB Type-B connector (the kind typically used for printers or scanners) on one end, and it does NOT go in the same connector as the USB Flash Drive, but rather the USB Type-B socket next to it.

Ho thank u so much  !!! U really clear things out so nicely

About the rythm tone part, sorry i messed-up myself with MIDI when mentionning it there. Although, u already explained me well the Midi's topic Topic earlier where u can ONLY Play it, and in order to make it work u need that USB MIDI cable set between the computer and keyboard. Ok

Beside this, im also assuming that u can still transfer/save rythms and Tones with the FlashDisk ! Am i correct on this ?

Now, for this USB MIDI Cable, i know exactly what u meant with the Printer which,is on the connector which is'on the second socket beside the one for FlashDisk..

Then, for transferring "Music Data" onto the Keyboard, u mentionned the "Casio Data Manager" from which i assume it's that the downloaded/installed Program on the Computer which sends directly all Data (specially, the Midi files) through the Casio CT-X5000 !

And thanks for enclosing me that Link of it !

I'll have it a try very soon

Thanks a lot Mclandy for all u effort and help !

Yes, you can always save or load Rhythm and Tone files using the USB flash disk, whether or not you use the USB MIDI/.data transfer cable and Casio Data Manager.

Casio Data Manager does not send MIDI files to the keyboard.  It sends & receives Rhythms (.AC7), User Tones (.TON), Registration Banks (.RBK), and User Phrase (.PHS) files.  It can also send & receive "recorded song" files, but only in Casio's proprietary .MRF format, NOT MIDI.  This keyboard (CT-X) does not receive, store, or convert MIDI files, from any source (although it can play them).

With the cable you can also use MIDI software on the computer to access the keyboard as a MIDI device, for MIDI input and playback - that is, to record when you play notes on the keyboard, or to play back a MIDI file by the software sending commands to the keyboard.  But again, these are just individual MIDI control events, not involving any "transfer" of MIDI files

Edited by Mclandy

42 minutes ago, Mclandy said:

Yes, you can always save or load Rhythm and Tone files using the USB flash disk, whether or not you use the USB MIDI/.data transfer cable and Casio Data Manager.

Casio Data Manager does not send MIDI files to the keyboard.  It sends & receives Rhythms (.AC7), User Tones (.TON), Registration Banks (.RBK), and User Phrase (.PHS) files.  It can also send & receive "recorded song" files, but only in Casio's proprietary .MRF format, NOT MIDI.  This keyboard (CT-X) does not receive, store, or convert MIDI files, from any source (although it can play them).

With the cable you can also use MIDI software on the computer to access the keyboard as a MIDI device, for MIDI input and playback - that is, to record when you play notes on the keyboard, or to play back a MIDI file by the software sending commands to the keyboard.  But again, these are just individual MIDI control events, not involving any "transfer" of MIDI files

Ho damn !!! At my age, it seems i forget things or things confuses me.

Whatsoever, everything is chrome-clear ! Jeez

Ofc, Casio cant work with Midi since it doesnt have an internal Audio Interface, and for that reason, i bought the USB MIDI Presonus Box, so it does all the stuff.

But for doing that u need on one end your keyboard, on the other end your computer and between those 2 being linked to the Audio Interface, plus your DAW (software)

Anyway, sorry for misunderstanding and thanks for your patience !

I really appreciate it !

Edited by FlashyEagle8

• 2 weeks later...

About the inability to save/record Midi from FlashDisk’to’Casio, i’ve read’some’case’about that

Is it possible to’simply plug in your phone or’mp3 player on Audio Midi IN and ur headphones on PHONES so i’can Record what im playing ?

But does the Music (-mp3) will be partially recorded in background or nothing like so ? Implying that the mp3 will be just’as’Playback but ability to record !

Byw, for headphone, I never used them on PHONES’socket, is it’ok ? Tbh, idk y i’ended ’up’to use it the wrong way. Does’it harm’the keyboard and it also mentions that u should’always Unplug everything (jack, FlashDisc  ) is’that true? 

17 hours ago, FlashyEagle8 said:

About the inability to save/record Midi from FlashDisk’to’Casio, i’ve read’some’case’about that

[that's correct, you cannot "load" a MIDI file from a USB Flash drive into a CT-X keyboard, but you can play a MIDI file from there.]

Is it possible to’simply plug in your phone or’mp3 player on Audio Midi IN and ur headphones on PHONES so i’can Record what im playing ?

[You can connect the audio (headphone) output of your phone or mp3 player to the Audio In (there is no Audio "MIDI" IN) jack on the keyboard.  This will result in a mix of that audio input, plus your keyboard play, coming out the speakers, the headphone jack, and/or the Audio out jacks.  To record that, you would have to connect some recording device to the Audio out jacks (or possibly the headphone jack) of the keyboard, since the keyboard does not record audio.]

But does the Music (-mp3) will be partially recorded in background or nothing like so ? Implying that the mp3 will be just’as’Playback but ability to record !

[Again, you will get a mix of audio and your keyboard play, but can record it only by connecting a recording device to the keyboard's Audio out or Phone jacks.]

Byw, for headphone, I never used them on PHONES’socket, is it’ok ? Tbh, idk y i’ended ’up’to use it the wrong way.

[Do you mean that you just haven't yet tried headphones with  the keyboard (plugged into the PHONES jack), or are you saying you had them plugged somewhere else, in the wrong place?]

Does’it harm’the keyboard and it also mentions that u should’always Unplug everything (jack, FlashDisc  ) is’that true? 

[Whether something harms the keyboard or not depends on exactly what you did.   As far as unplugging everything, the manual only suggests unplugging the AC adapter if the keyboard is not going to be used for a long time, or during lightning storms.  Leaving other things plugged in should not be a problem.  In fact, the more often you plug/unplug the flash drive or other connections, the more wear you cause on the socket hardware.]

3 hours ago, Mclandy said:

[You can connect the audio (headphone) output of your phone or mp3 player to the Audio In (there is no Audio "MIDI" IN) jack on the keyboard.  This will result in a mix of that audio input, plus your keyboard play, coming out the speakers, the headphone jack, and/or the Audio out jacks.  To record that, you would have to connect some recording device to the Audio out jacks (or possibly the headphone jack) of the keyboard, since the keyboard does not record audio.]

But does the Music (-mp3) will be partially recorded in background or nothing like so ? Implying that the mp3 will be just’as’Playback but ability to record !

[Again, you will get a mix of audio and your keyboard play, but can record it only by connecting a recording device to the keyboard's Audio out or Phone jacks.]

My bad, i confused’those sockets.

Actually i’always’plugged headphone with Jack adaptator on PHONES and sound was always great. In fact, the’sound pbm was’on AUDIO INNwhere i plugged my Phone into. So obviously as u said ots’mixed of everything. 

As for Recording device, i assume u meant an Audio Interface ! 

Yes i’do have one. Ok

Byw, for headphone, I never used them on PHONES’socket, is it’ok ? Tbh, idk y i’ended ’up’to use it the wrong way.

[Do you mean that you just haven't yet tried headphones with  the keyboard (plugged into the PHONES jack), or are you saying you had them plugged somewhere else, in the wrong place?]

No, sorry,  i mixed up, i put’everything on right place ! 

Does’it harm’the keyboard and it also mentions that u should’always Unplug everything (jack, FlashDisc  ) is’that true? 

[Whether something harms the keyboard or not depends on exactly what you did.   As far as unplugging everything, the manual only suggests unplugging the AC adapter if the keyboard is not going to be used for a long time, or during lightning storms.  Leaving other things plugged in should not be a problem.  In fact, the more often you plug/unplug the flash drive or other connections, the more wear you cause on the socket hardware.]

Alright, it’was just a Warning for the AC Cable, from’Manual i didn't understood that,’but as u said so, coz its true,’i won’t deny anything ! 

All clear

Thanks