Video Files on Forum ×

PX 560 not starting up - screen frozen on grey "Casio" screen

Stephen M

PX 560 not starting up - screen frozen on grey "Casio" screen

• During playing the screen froze and was no longer functional. The keyboard still worked but was unable to interact with the screen.
  • I powered it down, waited a few minutes and powered it back up. It began powering up however the screen froze on the intro grey "Casio" screen and just stayed there. The keyboard did not work nor did any of the other buttons.
  • I then went through a process of unplugging the keyboards from the outlet and the cord connected to the keyboard and waited a few minutes and then re-plugged it back in with the same result with the grey "Casio" screen frozen. I unplugged again and changed outlets and waited an hour with the same result. I unplugged again and waited overnight (~14hours) with the same result.

• I've reviewed and searched through the pdf manual and couldn't find anything related to the issue i'm having except to unplug it and plug it back in and try again.
  • Is there a way I can run a diagnostic test in some fashion? i.e. pressing specific buttons at the same time or similar
  • If it needs to be seen by someone from Casio, whom do I contact to get my 560 fixed. I live in the greater Boston, MA  area in the US.

I was also unable to resolve a separate previous issue I posted on sour sound of the piano tones from 2-3 years ago, don't know if related, maybe this can be resolved at the same time? 

Regards,

Stephen M

• 2 weeks later...