Video Files on Forum ×

Pbm when creating a User Tone

FlashyEagle8

At first, I struggled a bit for my 1st Tone then easy for the 2nd one ! Then, Bank 1 and 2 had their Red Light.

Going for 3rd Tone and impossible for Bank’to appear on LCD screen so’u’can’then STORE’+ Bank3, no Red’Light ON. I can't exit...so I pressed FREEZE,’once, to "refresh", 2x, 3x nothing changed...

Then I try to switch ON Bank1 or 2, nothing Lights up.

Right now, i’m still on my 3rd ready-made Tone with U1 & U2 settled and i’m really stuck...

What did I do wrong ?

Did I created those 2 banks but accidentally erased them ? Or i’ve unconsciously copied the 3rd User Tone on those 2 previous ones? 

Is there some way to check and solve that problem with User’s Tone’s Creation ?

Beside this, I still remember those instruments names but kind of frustrating that i’messed’up something and i really need your help to Fix this issue.

Otherwise, the last thing I can think of is, to quick Save everything onto FlashDisc and to Delete Those Banks with everything from Casio. And restart fresh from scratch.

Nevertheless, when creating "rightly", the Bank appeared on Screen, but seen #1 toggling between 2 and 3, so I don't know what's been’done and how many slots u have in 1 Bank, while 8 banks buttons are on the Mainboard...

can someone clarify me this ?

Thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8

2 hours ago, FlashyEagle8 said:

At first, I struggled a bit for my 1st Tone then easy for the 2nd one ! Then, Bank 1 and 2 had their Red Light.

Going for 3rd Tone and impossible for Bank’to appear on LCD screen so’u’can’then STORE’+ Bank3, no Red’Light ON. I can't exit...so I pressed FREEZE,’once, to "refresh", 2x, 3x nothing changed...

Then I try to switch ON Bank1 or 2, nothing Lights up.

Right now, i’m still on my 3rd ready-made Tone with U1 & U2 settled and i’m really stuck...

What did I do wrong ?

Did I created those 2 banks but accidentally erased them ? Or i’ve unconsciously copied the 3rd User Tone on those 2 previous ones? 

Is there some way to check and solve that problem with User’s Tone’s Creation ?

Beside this, I still remember those instruments names but kind of frustrating that i’messed’up something and i really need your help to Fix this issue.

Otherwise, the last thing I can think of is, to quick Save everything onto FlashDisc and to Delete Those Banks with everything from Casio. And restart fresh from scratch.

Nevertheless, when creating "rightly", the Bank appeared on Screen, but seen #1 toggling between 2 and 3, so I don't know what's been’done and how many slots u have in 1 Bank, while 8 banks buttons are on the Mainboard...

can someone clarify me this ?

Thanks

Good Lord ! 

Made’the Fix successfully

Desperately, turned off. So Restart.

Then, STORE shows up ! O.O

Then got all’my’answers

I did created’my User Tones but they arent in same Bank...

Now, I know, each Bank has 8 slots (that's huge), when there are 16Banks

also figured out for Bank, u didn't have to use,+- from digit p2d but simply, to Press BANK itself the # of times’is ur Bank ; so Press Bank 4x for Bank 4.

And to Exit, just press Bank once more !

OK, on the whole, pbmnfixed !

Edited by FlashyEagle8

8 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

If you mean a user tone itself, just edit and save it again, only changing the save location.  

If you meant a registration, just select the registratio n and store it in a new location. 

Good questions with whom i wasn’t precise, sorry. 

Yes, I meant through Registration! 

So, for example :

SoloViolin is Bank2-8 and i want it on Bank1-8,

I select that 1st one, STORE>BANK>bank1 & Slot #8 (on Mainboard) ?

But then, wandering if which is better for quick Use, the Edit User Tone or Registry User Tone? And also why ”No Name ” wasn't showing up from Registry ?

Anyway, can u Name your Bank ?

At some point I'd prefer Registry, coz prefer 1nbuttojn rather than typing the #No_name or scroll...

What would u do, for the easies option? 

Edited by FlashyEagle8

You seem to be confusing/conflating User Tones and Registration Banks.  They are completely separate things - edited separately, and stored separately in the keyboard.  You have 100 available "slots" on the keyboard to save edited User Tones, and these have nothing to do with Registrations.  They just appear as an extension of the Tone list, in Tone numbers 801-900.  Likewise, you have 128 registration "slots" (organized into 16 banks of 8 Registrations).  Registrations include all the data for a complete keyboard setup, including which Tones are selected to play in various parts (upper/lower, etc.).  The Registration doesn't really care whether they are built-in Tones or your User Tones.  What is saved in the Registration, however, is simply a "pointer", which indicates which Tone number (built-in or User, 1 through 900) should be assigned to any given keyboard part when that Registration is activated.  So your modified User Tone is not "saved" in a Registration, it is actually only saved in a User Tone slot, and then "referred to" in the Registration by its Tone number.  And you can use that User Tone in as many Registrations as you wish (just like any other Tone).

So if you want one of your User Tones to be used in any given Registration, simply bring up that Registration, select that Tone for whichever of the parts  you want to have play it, and then save the Registration.  That's all there is to it.

And unfortunately, Registrations do not have names.  That's been discussed before, because it would be kind of useful.

Edited by Mclandy

29 minutes ago, Mclandy said:

You seem to be confusing/conflating User Tones and Registration Banks.  They are completely separate things, stored separately in the keyboard.  You have 100 available "slots" on the keyboard to save edited User Tones, and these have nothing to do with Registrations.  They just appear as an extension of the Tone list, in Tone numbers 801-900.  Likewise, you have 128 registration "slots" (organized into 16 banks of 8 Registrations).  Registrations include all the data for a complete keyboard setup, including which Tones are selected to play in various parts (upper/lower, etc.).  The Registration doesn't really care whether they are built-in Tones or your User Tones.  However, what is saved in the Registration is simply a "pointer", which indicates which Tone number (built-in or User, 1 through 900) should be assigned to any given keyboard part when that Registration is activated.  So your modified User Tone is not "saved" in a registration, it is only saved in a User Tone slot, and then "referred to" in the Registration by its Tone number.

So if you want one of your User Tones to be used in any given Registration, simply bring up that Registration, select that Tone for whichever of the parts  you want to have play it, and then save the Registration.  That's all there is to it.

And unfortunately, Registrations do not have names.  That's been discussed before, because it would be kind of useful.

Ho my Goodness !!!

I had it all wrong and thanks for saving me with this

OK, if i understood, what I need now is User Tone to Create, then’if i want the "Shortcut", i’can put there my User Tone.

But that User Tone,  can I layer it with U1, U2, L1 or its only a default Tone that i modify with mixer and etc ?

On the other hand, now I understand why a "created" Tone couldn't be "saved" in Registration! jeez

And also why I gotten back to default tones with staPiano, Jzzpiano, organ, saxo, galaxia...

"it is only saved in a User Tone slot, and then "referred to" in the Registration by its Tone number."

OK, but what’this Ton # retranscripted into Registry, under some Bank #1-16 ?

Thanks so much as I was so desperate, and stopped going back onto Keyboard

so, I must go back to User Tone Creation...I'm gonna do that...

Thanks for ur great assistance Mclandy

You can use your User Tones just like any other Tone, so they can be assigned to U1, U2, etc., and even used in a Rhythm.

Again Tone numbers are just the list of tones from 1 to 900, where 801-900 are reserved for User Tones.  They have nothing to do with Registration/Bank numbers.

And keep in mind this requires some planning/management on your part, because if you set up a User Tone, and then refer to it in some Registrations, any subsequent edit (or replacement) of the Tone at that number/slot will affect all those Registrations.  Unfortunately, there's no easy way to find out which Registrations refer to any given Tone, other than going through them one by one.

3 minutes ago, Mclandy said:

You can use your User Tones just like any other Tone, so they can be assigned to U1, U2, etc., and even used in a Rhythm.

Again Tone numbers are just the list of tones from 1 to 900, where 801-900 are reserved for User Tones.  They have nothing to do with Registration/Bank numbers.

And keep in mind this requires some planning/management on your part, because if you set up a User Tone, and then refer to it in some Registrations, any subsequent edit (or replacement) of the Tone at that number/slot will affect all those Registrations.  Unfortunately, there's no easy way to find out which Registrations refer to any given Tone, other than going through them one by one.

Alright ! Great 

But for naming, that’s pure lame. Maybe with comp...

Yes 801, 802 No Name...

For Registration, can I Reset or delete all , so it won't affect something unexpectedly implying a hard issue to’solve ?

Ho managed to make my 1st User tone at 801...

Thanks so much ! Hope just came back 

1 hour ago, Mclandy said:

User Tone do have names.  When you first create one, the name is "No Name" by default, and it's up to you to change it.

Registrations don't hurt anything, no need to delete.  Just replace/overlay them as needed.

For No Name, can i rename it from computer? Coz he'll hard-working wo oeyb91rd and coming back old fashioned ’ Nokia...

Ho for Registration Great

However, I managed to create 10 Tones, but I did from COPY and turned out to be all in mess, just ATM when "Replace". It surely did on the one i’ve’wanted’while completing Writing.

So basically, #801 great, then 801 as base for 802, but when u reached 810, u have a mix of’previous ones, just coz of Replace.

>Now I see, I must start Fresh, then’the Casio automatically puts on 801,802 and so on.<

Other’mistake, i’ve’been recording nice songs lately, then an hour ago, I did a new one which supposed to benon #10, and didnt’see ive been on #8 when clicking Song Bank...damn it

And i’had My FlashDisc ON...

But thanks god, I had a first Impro on that #8, the bad version, before Remastering it. Frustratihg, tho.. 

Ah about this, one question 

I had already those MldTrkRec01 etc in Flash, if u save songs from Casio with same names., does it Overwrite onto’something and which one will affected ?

I guess the keyboard will OvrWrt on Flashddrive or the’other way around? What happens ?

Yes, editing/changing text (like Tone or file names) on the music keyboard is tedious.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to rename a Tone on the computer.  The name is stored inside the .TON file, however, so if you are comfortable with doing binary editing on files, it is possible (but if you don't know how to do that, I'm not going to explain it).

When you save files (including .MRF music recordings) from the keyboard onto the flash drive, if there is already a file by that name on the drive (which can happen easily if you just use the default names), a prompt will ask if you want it to replace it. If you don't want it replaced, you would need to change the name to something else before saving it.

Edited by Mclandy

Yes, editing/changing text (like Tone or file names) on the music keyboard is tedious.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to rename a Tone on the computer.  The name is stored inside the .TON file, however, so if you are comfortable with doing binary editing on files, it is possible (but if you don't know how to do that, I'm not going to explain it).

When you save files (including .MRF music recordings) from the keyboard onto the flash drive, if there is already a file by that name on the drive (which can happen easily if you just use the default names), a prompt will ask if you want it to replace it. If you don't want it replaced, you would need to change the name to something else before saving it.

Yes, u cant and i’ll’stick w tetris mode nvm

But is there a way to COPY PASTE the Names already s3t by Casio.

Like’to’Bring back LWahDstGT and PASTE instead of NO NAME ?

Yes, i was testing and seen that Replace, modify what u want but all the ithe Tones Channel.

For ex, im’modifying instrument of my U2 on Channel 803, i exit and i see a new file Tone 804 which is duplicate of 803...

Is there a way to DELETE the’Whole Tone with its layers ALL AT ONCE ? Like somekind of  Select ALL ?

Or some Setting where un could Desactivate a New File/Channel, when’u Already Modify one ? 

About recordings a quick Song.

at start, u have MIdRecTrk10 when u Press Once on RECORD/STOP, then appears

16RecTrk16

What does it means ?

Same thing with 

RecSysTrk

Im quite’confused, coz one some songs i got’many’pieces spaceout or OverWritten

Actually the 16RecTrk16 had 2 pieces at beginning...

How does it Work?

How to re-Record over a recorded Song, from the Start and AFTER the Song ?

Shat’s the Function for those’2’places ? 

Sorry for my many Questions, but its very wacky/tacky, and i know ts all made from the very Basics, like’Ms-dos system...old fashion way

But i Need’some help.

Thanks 

Edited by FlashyEagle8

I think the best advice I can give you is to go read the manual, pages 90-110, carefully.   Just remember that each recorded song consists of up to 17 parts, or tracks.  One of those is the first thing you record -- the "system track", which records the overall "framework" for the song, including things like time signature, tempo, rhythms or phrases used (if any), chords played and so on.  It can also include regular keyboard play, so if you want to record a song just exactly as you play it in real time (in a single pass on the keyboard), then that system track is all you'd ever use.  But as an option, you can also record up to 16 additional instrument "solo" tracks (one instrument per track), layered on top of the system track.  Once you have the system track set up, this makes it easier to go back in and record additional instrumental leads, breaks, and flourishes, one at a time, while the system track plays.   Recording these parts in separate tracks also allows you to adjust them individually in the Mixer (volume, pan, reverb, chorus, etc.) once you have them recorded.  So anyway, when you see those names displayed on the keyboard, it's just telling you which track you are currently editing, and allows you the ability to select a different track.

15 hours ago, Mclandy said:

I think the best advice I can give you is to go read the manual, pages 90-110, carefully.   Just remember that each recorded song consists of up to 17 parts, or tracks.  One of those is the first thing you record -- the "system track", which records the overall "framework" for the song, including things like time signature, tempo, rhythms or phrases used (if any), chords played and so on.  It can also include regular keyboard play, so if you want to record a song just exactly as you play it in real time (in a single pass on the keyboard), then that system track is all you'd ever use.  But as an option, you can also record up to 16 additional instrument "solo" tracks (one instrument per track), layered on top of the system track.  Once you have the system track set up, this makes it easier to go back in and record additional instrumental leads, breaks, and flourishes, one at a time, while the system track plays.   Recording these parts in separate tracks also allows you to adjust them individually in the Mixer (volume, pan, reverb, chorus, etc.) once you have them recorded.  So anyway, when you see those names displayed on the keyboard, it's just telling you which track you are currently editing, and allows you the ability to select a different track.

Ho thanks so much in explaining me a rough summary of the Recording !

I was totaly lost and saw i did the wrong way without basic knowledge.

Now i see what i’ve done and isn’t what i wanted. Although, as u suggested, i read those 90-110 pages, but gets more complex as u reach to the End and the Process is rather confusing coz it’s Instructions reading mixed with added technical terms of annotation, where Casio adapts its Method related to Music Production. Also Casio’s Method is rather wacky in Complexity, coz there isnt a Simple way (yes, quick Record with RecSysTrk) but mainly as if u write a Book (intro, development, sidenotes, conclusion etc). So in other words, first, Accomp/rythm, main Song, second parts of Solo melodies, Kick etc...

However, im not willing to do all that, for serious Mastering Production Projects, but just to Record a Quick Song’from Scratch for Creating my Song, to modify it if notes’ mistakes (re-record), but to add other instruments, eventhough it was already layered.

So far, as i see theres 2 ways for Record, the All in One (RecSysTrk) and the Solo "1by1" (16RecTrk16).

Now, im not clear with Solo.

Does Solo is a Track that is been recorded from the Start of RecSysTrk or AFTER in Sequences (01RecTrk01, 2, 3....16) ?

Or those Solo can be sticked anywhere u want ?

>>> just tested the Solo Track and saw that’s been recorded from the Start (of the SysTrk)

Now, during the Track selection, i’only saw’those solos RecTrk but not the RecSysTrk, strange tho, maybe i didn’t look carefully...anyway, i’can consider that from the Selection Menu,’there should have been the’sys, then solo. Am i right ?

So far, i wanted to ask for Delete, but now i got it, u delete what shows on Screen but wandering few things.

When u’re on MltRec01 and do Song Clr, does it delete RecSysTrk or 01RecTrk01 or All RecTrk or Everything ?

In addition to my Recording plans which is the Simooe mode, i wanted to record my Main Song Melody within RecSysTrk with a U1 Piano layered U2 MlwString and Sustain (or L1) and to Record a Solo track Guitar 01RecTrk01 over RecSysTrk. Is it possible ?

So while recording that, you should hear the RecSysTrk’s Playback, but i don't often find it. how to do that ?

Also,’for MltRec songs, jow i see’why, they are just 10, but’u could make a long Song with those 16 Solo RecTrk.

But also wandering, if u need just to play a single verse of few notes with one’Tone and so on ?

Another thing, imagine, u’ve done 5 solo.

Can u move RecTrk5 to be at first place ? 05>01>02>03>04 ?

Thats quite a massive bunch of questions here, sorry, but the Manual cant humanly elaborate the details’ options as it is rather zooming-Out&In described instruction plus confusing sidenotes here and there...

Nevermind, i will get’some assisting support while learning and count in u on this delicate process.

Although, thanks so much fornall u’ve already done...and im getting quite ashamed in posting  multi-questions while there are no Texting-Tutorial (like "Learning to use Casio Keyboards for Dummies), while the best u could get is the Casio Tutorials from Youtube ; it is little bit better at some point, but its still a Robot giving instructions as is the Manual. So, it’s not easy for learning ! hope u understand my point, and if i offended u from it,’my biggest appologises i’owe u. Thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8

The song recordings do NOT consist of "either" a System Track or Solo Tracks.  They always should include a System Track, and then optionally, some added solo tracks.  And the tracks do not come before or after each other in time, they are all run simultaneously; that is, they all start and end at exactly the same time, and just add more layers on top of the recording.

You can clear either a single track, or the whole song.  It just depends on which options you select.   See page 98, it describes both procedures.  Pay attention to the fact that when you select to delete something (like a track), it usually comes up with the name of a default target to delete (for example, TrkSysClr), but before proceeding, many times you'll want to select a different target by turning the wheel or pressing the +/- buttons (doing so will rotate through all possible track names), to make sure you delete the track you really intended to delete.  In fact, that's true about the way most menus on the keyboard work - the thing that displays when you first enter a function is usually just the default/current selection/value, but there may be different options/targets/values that can be selected by turning the wheel or pressing the +/- buttons.

8 minutes ago, Mclandy said:

The song recordings do NOT consist of "either" a System Track or Solo Tracks.  They always should include a System Track, and then optionally, some added solo tracks.  And the tracks do not come before or after each other in time, they are all run simultaneously; that is, they all start and end at exactly the same time, and just add more layers on top of the recording.

You can clear either a single track, or the whole song.  It just depends on which options you select.   See page 98, it describes both procedures.  Pay attention to the fact that when you select to delete something (like a track), it usually comes up with the name of a default target to delete (for example, TrkSysClr), but before proceeding, many times you'll want to select a different target by turning the wheel or pressing the +/- buttons (doing so will rotate through all possible track names), to make sure you delete the track you really intended to delete.  In fact, that's true about the way most menus on the keyboard work - the thing that displays when you first enter a function is usually just the default/current selection/value, but there may be different options/targets/values that can be selected by turning the wheel or pressing the +/- buttons.

Ok, so basically the System Track always comes first and stays as the Song’s Track Core, an then in addition, comes the solo tracks that runs simultaneously from the Start

So’if’im correct all those tracks are piled up with each other and they dont just follow a chronological sequence (01--->02--->16) through Time.

But

System------------->

RecTrk1‐------------>

RecTrk16‐---------->

For the Delete, menu, selections,’wheel, Ok

I think i start’to’get’the idea

Thanks 

Correct

That’s great! 

But im’still struggling with modifying a Tone

Actually, ’I know that Replace modifies the Tone from the one’u edit but also the others...and end up with 16 channels coz for each Modifications’is a New’Channel.

All I want is just to modify 1 Tone of the specific place I'm on which I exclusively modify without modifying anything else !

Also, I don't know how but managed to insert a Full layered Tone on another Channel on U2.  O.O.  then it did copies of that...

Is there a way to Delete Everything, coz I don't know, it keeps copying things over and over.

So far, idk what must to be done ?

Need help

Edited by FlashyEagle8

I'm not sure what you are referring to as "Channels".   There is nothing in creating a User Tone that has anything to do with Channels.  Perhaps you mean you keep creating new Tones, so you're ending up with multiple "new" versions of User Tones based on the same built-in Tone, stored in multiple User Tone numbers/slots?

If so, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.  If you start by editing a built-in Tone, make modifications, and then save it, it must be stored in one of the User Tone slots (you can't actually change the original built-in Tone, this editing process is actually how you create a User Tone).  By default, the new tone gets saved into the first available User Tone slot that is empty (does not already contain a modified Tone).   So if you are doing several repeated edits by starting with a built-in Tone, then changing and saving it -- yes, you will keep filling up your User Tone slots.

Say instead that you start with a built-in Tone, edit it, and save it in one of the User Tone slots.  Make note of that User Tone number.   If you decide you want to make further adjustments to that same User Tone you just created, be sure you first select that specific new User Tone number (in the range 801-900, not the original built-in Tone) before long-pressing the Function/Edit button.  This allows you to continue to make adjustments to the same User Tone that you created earlier, until you get what you want.  When you Save an edited User Tone, it does not create a new one, it simply overwrites that same User Tone.   However, if do you decide you want to make two (or more) slightly different User Tones based on the same original built-in Tone, you can either go back and start the edit process again (from the built-in Tone number, 1-800),.... OR, alternatively, you can make a duplicate copy of your User Tone into another User Tone slot (see page EN-73), and edit that.

"Channels  801 to 900", reserved for User Tones, i was implying..

Sorry, im havin hard time typing as got new tablet and previous i jad to type it 3x, coz a stupid Bzck-feature shortcut, cancelled’me my writing as i was close to finish....

Oh i’tested right now and sas my mistake

I was doing "Edit"/atk/Write.  

I supposed to Long Press REC/Stop (not the Edit), then ToneName/ToneClr/Enter/sure/Yes !

Then it worked, after double-check 💪

Now i realised that nothing was modified, obviously under "Edit"

But discovered another thing, 

I wanted to Delete the Layers U2 and L1 : because’they system by Default, and looks’like that u cant...nevertheless, Only UserTone or No_name th1t lay on 801-900 can be modified or deleted...ok

Edited by FlashyEagle8

I'm not sure what you are referring to as "Channels".   There is nothing in creating a User Tone that has anything to do with Channels.  Perhaps you mean you keep creating new Tones, so you're ending up with multiple "new" versions of User Tones based on the same built-in Tone, stored in multiple User Tone numbers/slots?

If so, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.  If you start by editing a built-in Tone, make modifications, and then save it, it must be stored in one of the User Tone slots (you can't actually change the original built-in Tone, this editing process is actually how you create a User Tone).  By default, the new tone gets saved into the first available User Tone slot that is empty (does not already contain a modified Tone).   So if you are doing several repeated edits by starting with a built-in Tone, then changing and saving it -- yes, you will keep filling up your User Tone slots.

Say instead that you start with a built-in Tone, edit it, and save it in one of the User Tone slots.  Make note of that User Tone number.   If you decide you want to make further adjustments to that same User Tone you just created, be sure you first select that specific new User Tone number (in the range 801-900, not the original built-in Tone) before long-pressing the Function/Edit button.  This allows you to continue to make adjustments to the same User Tone that you created earlier, until you get what you want.  When you Save an edited User Tone, it does not create a new one, it simply overwrites that same User Tone.   However, if do you decide you want to make two (or more) slightly different User Tones based on the same original built-in Tone, you can either go back and start the edit process again (from the built-in Tone number, 1-800),.... OR, alternatively, you can make a duplicate copy of your User Tone into another User Tone slot (see page EN-73), and edit that.

(sorry was supposed to answer here]

However, in meantime, i read ur reply and tested it along and managed to delete Us3r Tone, and wanted the layers also, but u cant foz its syztem by default...

Anyway, i deleted 3x that User tone, in thinking it will delete user tone and the 2 layers, but cant except’that it showed’me NO DATA, so its been deleted and means that Only User tone’can be. Am i correct ?

But still not sure what No Data stands for ?

"No Data" means that that User Tone slot (801-900) either has never had a User Tone stored in it, or the User Tone was deleted (in other words, it's empty).

"No Name" means that there actually is a User Tone stored there, but the name has never been changed from the default (which is "No Name").

You can't "delete" parts like Upper2 , Lower 1, etc., you can only turn them on or off, using the Split and Upper Layer buttons (see manual pages 19-21)

7 hours ago, Mclandy said:

"No Data" means that that User Tone slot (801-900) either has never had a User Tone stored in it, or the User Tone was deleted (in other words, it's empty).

"No Name" means that there actually is a User Tone stored there, but the name has never been changed from the default (which is "No Name").

You can't "delete" parts like Upper2 , Lower 1, etc., you can only turn them on or off, using the Split and Upper Layer buttons (see manual pages 19-21)

Thanks clarifying me those 3 features .

Although, im trying to understand the language of the Casio’s Function.

However, for the 3rd part, i also’simply realised that, for’the simple reason u can changenonoy’what u create (tone), and somehow  just like the Solo RecTrk which use a "Single",tone, So the layers are just Default in-built Tones by Default, and are just here as extra option that u can switch on/off.

Also, since u set an UP2, LW on the actual Tone u’editing, it sets the same’in any Tone u select or create’in Casio.

Figured out, now, but long ago when unboxing Casio and playing First Note, obviously, the Tone (U1 StagPiano U2 MelwStrg1) and whatever other Tone i selected that MlwStrng was always there...

However, im looking for a way to Save a 2-3 layered tone, and have it as a shortcut button. (So when playing/recording, its ready to be used,) Would it be on Registration ?

Or if not, then’what would it be other options to do that ?

All the keyboard parts (Upper/Lower 1/2) always have some tone assigned to them, either a built-in or User.  So of course, they are initially set to a default.  While you can change a part's assigned Tone, there is no way to "remove" a Tone from those parts.   Instead, you just turn the parts on or off, so they either play or not.   And each Tone (built-in or User) is just a single instrument sound, which any keyboard part can be configured to use.   And just to be clear, while a part may be configured to play a particular Tone,  the Tone definition does not include anything about part assignments (parts point to Tones, not the other way around).

To save a layered tone setup that you like, yes, you would save it in a Registration.  The Registration will also contain many other keyboard settings, like the selected rhythm, tempo, effects, and so on.  That's exactly what registrations are for.

Edited by Mclandy