Video Files on Forum ×

Pbm when creating a User Tone

FlashyEagle8

16 minutes ago, Mclandy said:

All the keyboard parts (Upper/Lower 1/2) always have some tone assigned to them, either a built-in or User.  So of course, they are initially set to a default.  While you can change a part's assigned Tone, there is no way to "remove" a Tone from those parts.   Instead, you just turn the parts on or off, so they either play or not.   And each Tone (built-in or User) is just a single instrument sound, which any keyboard part can be configured to use.   And just to be clear, while a part may be configured to play a particular Tone,  the Tone definition does not include anything about part assignments (parts point to Tones, not the other way around).

To save a layered tone setup that you like, yes, you would save it in a Registration.  The Registration will also contain many other keyboard settings, like the selected rhythm, tempo, effects, and so on.  That's exactly what registrations are for.

Yes, you’re’right, i was thinking the other way around...thought that assign was part of a Tone, but obviously they’are just optional....

Then for Registrations, i had a good guess !

Ok, i can save a layered U2 and L1, but could i include the’User Tone as well, xoz wanted to make a 2 or 3 part Tone. 

For’example,

U1.        U2.               L1

B#1 WahGT + OvrDrGT

B#2 SoloTrmp + SoprSaxo

B#3 VoicDoo + ChoirAhh + SyntStrng

Can it be possible to be like that ?

Registr 1 : Bank 1, 2, 3.   

Or just Registh 1, 2’3. 

So i just press button # ?

So, remember, a Registration "bank" is just a group of 8 Registrations, and they give you 16 banks, for plenty of expansion.  So the 8 Registration buttons on the keyboard can be used to instantly call up any saved Registration in the currently selected Bank.  To recall a Registration that is stored in a different bank, you would first have to select that Bank, using the Bank button.  Likewise when you are storing Registrations, you might want to think about how you want to organize and "group" your Registrations, especially if you want to keep certain ones together in the same Bank.

Each individual Registration saves a complete keyboard setup, including the Tone assignments for each part (and whether those parts are turned on or off).  So you can certainly create Registrations to have them "remember" your layered setups, and recall them with just a push of a button.  That's exactly what they are for.  And while it doesn't matter whether you are using built-in or User Tones, do keep in mind what I mentioned in an earlier post, that a Registration does not actually save detailed User Tone definitions, it just remembers which Tone numbers/slots (built-in or User, 1-900) each part "points to".

Edited by Mclandy

42 minutes ago, Mclandy said:

So, remember, a Registration "bank" is just a group of 8 Registrations, and they give you 16 banks, for plenty of expansion.  So the 8 Registration buttons on the keyboard can be used to instantly call up any saved Registration in the currently selected Bank.  To recall a Registration that is stored in a different bank, you would first have to select that Bank, using the Bank button.  Likewise when you are storing Registrations, you might want to think about how you want to organize and "group" your Registrations, especially if you want to keep certain ones together in the same Bank.

Each individual Registration saves a complete keyboard setup, including the Tone assignments for each part (and whether those parts are turned on or off).  So you can certainly create Registrations to have them "remember" your layered setups, and recall them with just a push of a button.  That's exactly what they are for.  And while it doesn't matter whether you are using built-in or User Tones, do keep in mind what I mentioned in an earlier post, that a Registration does not actually save detailed User Tone definitions, it just remembers which Tone numbers/slots (built-in or User, 1-900) each part "points to".

Now, it's all clear for Registration with your useful advices ! Thanks 

Yes, the Registration is just a shortcut Command that gathers and locates the destination of the compounds used for setting the desired Tone. (In other words the 3layered Tone). Ofc, u can’t edit anything in there and doesn’t matter if its in-build’or User Tone.

Beside this, this Tone setting will be’on Registry 1 under Bank 1.

But if u created other Registrations, I assume that u could Toggle with Wheel Pan or +/-,for selecting the appropriate u want to use during Recording or wplaying, am I right ?

However, i’ll stop there and test those things and get back if needed.

In meantime,  thanks for everything!

• 3 weeks later...

Can u load on the CTX, any Tones from any Fasio Models ? Like to import betweej Casios ?

As far as i saw, Privia PX dont, coz they use HEX Layer, therefore, different Engine...but which models are compatible with the CTX ?

Does it’has’to’he’exflusively’only’between CT X Series like 700, 3000, 5000 etc ?

Although,’i’ve seen somewhere’some Converter but that was Rythm, but does it has something similar for Tones ? 

LIKE i can upload a CTK’and convert’it’into CTX ?

Or u just can't ?

Or any other option ?

Juet let’me know, thanks

its for’expanding py Library a bit

Edited by FlashyEagle8

Just downloaded MM’s Tones and Yours, Brad ! They were awesome.

But as i looked some User’s Tone on how its been created w attack etc.

I was just wandering how we can check the DSP, implying

which one, how much have been used and their Order during the Tone’s Setup Creation ?

Question1

Did some DSP Testing’few’days ago, butndon’t Remember’where is the DSP Lising 801-900.

Was it on Long Press EDIT/ < / DSP Edit / OnDSPoff / ...

Then what ? Enter ?

Id’remember doz did’something once and that DSP List appeared unexpectedly..l

Can someone remind me that PATH reaching all those DSPs ?

Question 2

For the DSP list, i know theres the Appendix and the Pdf with some little technical description, but still very’confusing and not obvious...

Does it have some Glossary on those DSP Abreviations, to understand their Terms and their’Functions ?

Coz "...Cab", or "Phazer" , "Del..pno..", idk what it means

Just let me know thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8