Video Files on Forum ×

How to pre-create a preset that plays a certain rhythm for a certain time, then switches to another rhythm and then performs an ending?

Ofir

I am trying to create a custom preset on my CTK-6250 that will play a specific rhythm for a set duration, automatically switch to a different rhythm in the middle of my performance, and then play an ending.

I have reviewed the user manual for guidance on how to do this using the Rhythm Editor and Song Sequencer features, but I am still unsure on the exact steps to pre-program my keyboard to transition between rhythms and play an ending at specific times.

Can someone please provide detailed instructions on how to:

Create a preset containing my initial desired rhythm

Set the duration that first rhythm will play

Automatically switch to another rhythm after that duration

Add an ending that will play after the second rhythm

Any specific help on using the Rhythm Editor, Song Sequencer, or other relevant modes to accomplish this preset with timed rhythm changes and ending is greatly appreciated. Please provide step-by-step details, as I have not been able to figure it out from the user manual. Thank you!

The first step is to familiarize a process where you can manually do everything you want to do in real time.  You can use registration memory to quickly change rhythm selections, and then use the rhythm start/stop, intro, ending, and fill buttons, to control how the rhythm plays.  Once you can manually play everything in real time, you can use the song sequencer system track to record all of your button presses for automated playback 

13 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

The first step is to familiarize a process where you can manually do everything you want to do in real time.  You can use registration memory to quickly change rhythm selections, and then use the rhythm start/stop, intro, ending, and fill buttons, to control how the rhythm plays.  Once you can manually play everything in real time, you can use the song sequencer system track to record all of your button presses for automated playback 

It can't be recorded.
When I said rhythm I meant a drum track like LATIN ROCK and WALTZ 1.
For example, I want to record LATIN ROCK for 5 seconds and then switch to WALTZ 1 and record it for 10 seconds and then do the end of WALTZ 1 so that in the final result everything will play together...

Brad is exactly right. To repeat his description -maybe I can simplify this. What you want to do, it can be recorded.  You don't have to use registrations but it would be good to study what Brad is describing, it does automate alot of things at once. Here is the way I've done it.

1) Practice changing your rhythms with the selection buttons the way you will want to record them-as if you are playing "live" with the auto-arranger functions and buttons-selecting the rhythm, intro, fill, ending-the way you would do this if you were playing live.

2) Call up the song recorder-with a new blank song.

3) Make sure-as Brad said-to select the "system track" , not any of the other single tracks/channels because the system track is the only track that will record your complete sequence of changes you make with the auto-arranger buttons.

4) Arm the system track to record as you would any other track from the keyboard-except now, once the system track is recording-it will start to record exactly whatever rhythm, fill ending, changes to rhythms-all in that one track as you push the different arranger buttons-it will record whatever changes you make. You are in complete control of whatever arranger functions you choose-and the song recorder will record all that information in the system track-leaving all your other tracks blank, ready to record other instruments along with the complete arranger track which is now "automated".

I had trouble understanding how this works at first-although other arranger keyboards use the same idea. it is important to understand, only the system track can record all these changes, the other tracks can't do this. The system track also stores your tempo and any other setting you may have set in the mixer for using along with the song recorder-such as pan, volume for each individual track, and of course what you want to do. and if you try to record over the system track, using the same song, you will delete all of this. Think of the system track as a recorder for ALL and ANY changes you make using the auto-arranger buttons, including intros, ending, fills, rhythm styles, even changes in tempo you might perform while you are playing. Very nice. Frees you up to do other things while you have a fully "automated" arranger song playing. Post back if this still doesn't make sense. I've played so many Casio arranger boards-its actually alot more versatile than many think.

Edited by Jokeyman123
typos
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 9:55 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Brad is exactly right. To repeat his description -maybe I can simplify this. What you want to do, it can be recorded.  You don't have to use registrations but it would be good to study what Brad is describing, it does automate alot of things at once. Here is the way I've done it.

1) Practice changing your rhythms with the selection buttons the way you will want to record them-as if you are playing "live" with the auto-arranger functions and buttons-selecting the rhythm, intro, fill, ending-the way you would do this if you were playing live.

2) Call up the song recorder-with a new blank song.

3) Make sure-as Brad said-to select the "system track" , not any of the other single tracks/channels because the system track is the only track that will record your complete sequence of changes you make with the auto-arranger buttons.

4) Arm the system track to record as you would any other track from the keyboard-except now, once the system track is recording-it will start to record exactly whatever rhythm, fill ending, changes to rhythms-all in that one track as you push the different arranger buttons-it will record whatever changes you make. You are in complete control of whatever arranger functions you choose-and the song recorder will record all that information in the system track-leaving all your other tracks blank, ready to record other instruments along with the complete arranger track which is now "automated".

I had trouble understanding how this works at first-although other arranger keyboards use the same idea. it is important to understand, only the system track can record all these changes, the other tracks can't do this. The system track also stores your tempo and any other setting you may have set in the mixer for using along with the song recorder-such as pan, volume for each individual track, and of course what you want to do. and if you try to record over the system track, using the same song, you will delete all of this. Think of the system track as a recorder for ALL and ANY changes you make using the auto-arranger buttons, including intros, ending, fills, rhythm styles, even changes in tempo you might perform while you are playing. Very nice. Frees you up to do other things while you have a fully "automated" arranger song playing. Post back if this still doesn't make sense. I've played so many Casio arranger boards-its actually alot more versatile than many think.

Omg!  I just had to select a rhythm, press the record button and then the "normal/fill-in" button to start recording.  Thank you!

• Like 1