Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S and logic X

Padking

I experience a bizarre problem when recording (midi) with Logic,

when recording the midi notes are all double.

when you look at your recording in the piano roll all notes

are there but double.

tried it with my MOXF no double notes, am I doing something wrong ?

p.s using USB midi out (local on or off doesn't change anything)

Padking

The problem does not appear in my home studio, only my PX and MOXF are

used (usb) I found out this morning that the duplicate do not appear at home

only in the recording studio, we also use Logic but with many more instruments

plugged in the computer.

Could be a loop thing or.......... will investigate this week and I will communicate my finding if any.

The problem with logic is that you cannot choose a different midi instrument for

each trac, you have to go in the environnement window and do some very complicated

operations to separate the input...................anyway this is not the place to talk about that.

Padking

When recording with the PX5s into a DAW, you have to make sure only one zone is active-not just the generator off, but MIDI tx off except for the zone you wanna use. It doesn't matter what channel you use because Logic channelizes at its input anyway.

I have a SS that is just for Logic:

Zones 2,3,4= generator off, MIDI tx off, USB tx off

Zone 1= generator off MIDI tx off, USB tx on (chan.1)

This is essentially a local-off, single channel transmission set-up. You can still use the PX as a sound module by making a multi- instrument in Logic. You can assign all controllers to affect Logic. You should not get any double notes.

@Padking

To add to what goergtn wrote, you don't necessarily have to have the tone or zone generators off if you want to still hear the sounds of the px-5s.  You just have to make sure you are only transmitting midi information on a single zone.  By default, general stage settings will transmit channels 1-4 on zones 1 through 4.  You have to make sure you set up transmission for only 1 zone.  Even if you had multiple zones set to the same channel, you would still get multiple midi messages for the same note.

Along the same lines as goergtn stated, from the keyboard:

Edit > Stage Setting > Zone Edit > Midi Edit > Midi out [Off] - (depending on whether or not you use a midi interface)

Edit > Stage Setting > Zone Edit > Midi Edit > USB out [Off] - (depending on whether or not you use USB)

Set that for zones 2-3 .  You can change zones by pressing the - or + keys under the Zone/Part/Step/Track label to the left of the display.

For zone 1:

Edit > Stage Setting > Zone Edit > Midi Edit > Midi out [On] - (depending on whether or not you use a midi interface)

Edit > Stage Setting > Zone Edit > Midi Edit > USB out [On] - (depending on whether or not you use USB)

and set the transmit channel for zone 1:

Edit > Stage Setting > Zone Edit > Midi Edit > External Out Ch [1]

Thank you guy's, but I am struggling :

OK so I made a recording with SS03 Illuminated, zone 1 on Zone 2 off

had playback of the 2 zones while performing , on the DAW no double note,

on the playback (after recording) I ear only the piano sound  if I choose output ch 1

and only the pad if I choose ch 2.

I fought I could use the all channel out in logic but it does not work you ear only the piano.

Only solution I found so far, is to copy the midi of track one to track two and change the output channel

track 1 output ch1

track 2 output ch 2

then I ear the piano and the pad, in fact that's the purpose of it all, record a SS and have everything at playback.

Padking