Video Files on Forum ×

Touch display misaligned with screen

vpbarkley

Could you post a picture of this? So the left side of the screen is OK for calibrating, but the right side isn't? 1 cm is huge on this screen. Or do you mean the screen itself is like this, without calibration? I will look over the calibration routine and testing options again on mine-I've run the full diagnostics on the 560 just for practice although my screen has always been fine. what version of the operating system are you running? I am not aware that it matters, but grasping at straws to help. I am on 1.16 the newest which fixed  one bug with drumkit editing and recording.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

@AndrewL No, unfortunately I was not able to calibrate it. My touch panel current calibration is about 1cm off on the right, and it does not accept me pointing the centres of the crosses. I have to touch about 1cm to the right of the cross so that is registers it. I assume it does not allow calibration values to be too far from the default ones or something.

The left side of the screen is fine though (so I guess it's a scale factor I need to set right). It's unfortunate because I cannot use the touch navigation buttons which are on the right!

Oh, that's weird. I had to calibrate it and, it was about 0.5 cm off, and it was just fine after that. Here's my post in the Facebook group, if you want to take a look (you need to be a member).

Does "the point of the screen where the cross center" is work fine when using the keyboard normally?

Have you tried re-calibrating it, making it a step closer each time?

@Jokeyman123 Here is my calibration attempt video.

I'm still running 1.12 firmware, but will try to upgrade, thank you for pointing this out.

@AndrewL Yes, this was my thought exactly trying to calibrate several times closing the gap. Unfortunately it looks like it references to default factory values (not the last calibrated ones) so the trick does not work.

Wow. What if you start with the right crosses? If there is no way for it to pick any touch besides those which are soooo far away, I guess it must be a hardware issue. It's definitely unusable that way. I wonder if a complete hard reset which could help?

Oh, wait. When I had this issue, Mike sent me a different guide, which of course gives you basically the same steps, but it begins with a firmware version check:

1. Check firmware version.
    1. Power up unit
    2. On the menu screens, select SYSTEM SETTINGS
    3. Press double down arrows to locate INFORMATION.
    4. When INFORMATION option is displayed, hit Enter. Version Number will be displayed. System should have latest firmware version as 01.15
    5. If not, stay on this screen to perform firmware update.

When INFORMATION option is displayed, hit Enter. Version Number will be displayed. System should have latest firmware version as 01.15

So you could try updating it and then retrying...

• Like 1

It is possible, especially after seeing Mike martin's earlier post-that the calibration routine only works with the later firmware upgrade-it isn't hard to do, and you won't damage your Casio with this upgrade-I've upgraded twice, first to 1.15 when it was available, then to 1.16.

• 3 years later...

After putting up with misaligned touch screen, I spent 10 minutes calibrating with the downloaded instructions. ( Must register first to download. )Now absolutely perfect. Have a go, it's easy. Only the one key to fix now that is on steroids, but that's another story.

• Like 3