Video Files on Forum ×

Touch display misaligned with screen

vpbarkley

My brand new PX-560 arrived from Casio last night. The packaging was intact and in good shape.

When selecting an item on the touch screen you have to press well above the item you want.

In fact, you have to select on the border between the menu items to get the item below. 

This is annoying and obviously not right so I'm seriously considering returning the keyboard.

I am just tapping the screen with a single finger tip. My wife has the same difficulty with the display.

The firmware version is: 1.15

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

• 8 months later...

Hi I have just purchased a brand new 560. The menu and exit butons on right of screen didn't work. Casio sent details on how to re calibrate screen works. Obviously won't post details on here without moderators / admin permissions as could possibly brick your keyboard PM me if that's allowed

• Thanks 2

On 12/13/2018 at 7:22 PM, Tworld said:

Hi I have just purchased a brand new 560. The menu and exit butons on right of screen didn't work. Casio sent details on how to re calibrate screen works. Obviously won't post details on here without moderators / admin permissions as could possibly brick your keyboard PM me if that's allowed

Hi Tworld

I sent you a PM few days ago ;)

On 12/13/2018 at 7:22 PM, Tworld said:

Thank you so much Tworld for your PM !

A well calibrated screen changes the life. You know what ? I'm happy ;)

• Like 2

My px560 is OK, no problems like this-but I would be interested to see this if you can PM me here-just in case. I've done several mods on Casios, have tech training-I will be responsible if I damage my PX560, and wouldn't try this unless i need to. forewarned is forearmed as the cliche goes. I've already had to repair my analog knob control board-but due to my own carelessness, not a Casio defect.

Merci, Grigou! I am very pleased that this is available for diagnosing the PX560-it puts it into full "test" mode not just for the screen, but for all the other major systems. I will run all the tests-make sure the rom and ram is functioning properly as well in mine, since it sometimes seem to freeze when doing heavy editing. I am surprised Casio made this available-many manufacturers do not disclose test or diagnostic procedures for anyone but certified technicians-although my SY77 has ful diagnostics that can be run by the end-user. Glad they did-for owners that have no repair or troubleshooting facilities, this type of test can be helpful, but yes have to be careful, know what you are dealing with, although this test seems fairly "transparent", I guess one could "pooch" their PX560 somehow by running the tests. Happy holidays!

• 4 weeks later...

Here also my two cents for the topic: I bought my PX-560M Nov 2018. I hadn't extreme problems that Menu/Main/Exit did not work at all - like others reported here or on YouTube, but I often had strange effects that I accidently selected wrong buttons or functions. In the beginning I thought I pressed unprecisely or the touch screen itself is not that precise like on an iPad. As this happened more often I also used some conductive tip and I realized that in my case the touch coordinates were around 20 pixels shifted horizontal.

I read then this thread here and tried to contact my regional support for instructions, but got no answer at all. Afterwards I tried US support, they reacted promptly and were nice but didn't have instructions to give out and heard of that issue only 2 times before and basically said I need to contact my regional support :-). (@Tworld: Would be interesting if you could share which country's support gave out an instruction). To make story short I wanted that to have that fixed asap without returning the device so I tried an hour myself to figure out key combo to enter service menu. And well I could get in did the touch screen calibration and all was fine and I'm also much happier now 🙂.

So my take away from this is: Most cases seem to be a wrong calibration in production. It seems not to be an HW issue. I would recommend everybody like me having the feeling that the touch screen is working unreliable to try with conductive tip / stylus etc. From Casio support side would be really good to hand out instruction where it could help or for next firmware/model add directly a calibration menu in the settings menu.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just got my brand new PX560.  I was loving it until I realized that the touchscreen was not behaving right.   The calibration did the trick.   What a relief.  I thought I got a lemon.  The touchscreen now responds very well and precisely.   Thanks for the PDF file.  

• 9 months later...

@AndrewL No, unfortunately I was not able to calibrate it. My touch panel current calibration is about 1cm off on the right, and it does not accept me pointing the centres of the crosses. I have to touch about 1cm to the right of the cross so that is registers it. I assume it does not allow calibration values to be too far from the default ones or something.

The left side of the screen is fine though (so I guess it's a scale factor I need to set right). It's unfortunate because I cannot use the touch navigation buttons which are on the right!

I've been in touch with Casio support regarding this issue for several months now, but got no help from them at all so far :(