Video Files on Forum ×

Transferring Patches

Abraham_M

I am sorry for the ignorance of my following questions. I have been interested in the Casio PX-560 for a few months. Although I do I have few concerns about the ability to load new patches on to the Casio. My particular situation in involves an older Korg (specifically Korg 01/Wpro)  where I would like to be able to transfer some patches from that keyboard and load it on to the Casio. 

Is this possible?

If so, does anyone how?

I appreciate your time and answers. Thank you.

Is this a matter of converting my old stuff to an acceptable format? I know that the PX5S and PX560 can download patches online and load them on the keyboard. I am wondering if a similar thing can be accomplished by recording the sample, save it as a WAV. file and be able to "map it out" on the Casio...?

the PX575 series (older Casio) can import .wav files and map these to the keyboard, but you need the IDES 4.0 Casio software connected to the PX575. It works well. I'm not sure, but I think there are several older WK series keyboards that have the same function-possibly the WK3300, 3800. No keyboards across different brands allow for straight patch conversions that I know of without using samples, and that gets very messy even. I know, I've done it. Not sure it was even worth the time and trouble.