Video Files on Forum ×

Piano PX-360M out of tune - bend wheel problem?

felipe2

Hello,

I have a Casio Privia PX-360M and the piano is out of tune now. When I hold the key, It's as if the note is swinging a little.

Probly is because my 3 years old son use the the bend wheel a lot, and maybe when the piano is starting.

I do not know why, but in the guide is written that you can not touch the bend wheel as turn on the digital piano.

In the user guide they suggest change the tuning, change to 440.0 Hz, put the temperament on Equal, change the octave shift to 0.

None of this worked.

I already try the piano reset factory and turn off the bend wheel (the only way that I find is change the “bend range” to 0).

I don’t have more ideas and there’s no support in my city (I live in Brazil).

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem?

Does the pitch bend wheel operate the way it should when you have the bend range set to other than zero? That is, can you still bend the pitch the way it supposed to work? And does this happen with only the acoustic piano sounds or does it occur with other tones too?  I guess you have already tried turning off "auto resume" and doing factory reset? If the pitch bend wheel has been uncalibrated from moving it when turning on the piano, this setting might be storing the error even with a factory reset. I don't think it's supposed to do that, but it might be. and make sure you umplug the power adapter for 10-15 minutes to completely cold start the PX. There is always a trickle of electricity going through these keyboards as long as the power is connected, even with a factory reset. and try the factory reset 1-2 more times. Brad on this forum may also have some advice to help. He is the Casio expert.

Which of the effects are you using with the piano, sounds more like a phasing effect to me than a tuning effect-as if you have a chorus or phasing effect that is more pronounced than you had before. Check your settings in the mixer-see if you have effects turned up for tone 1-and check your effects menu settings. I don't think I hear anything that has to do with the pitch bend wheel at all. But I could be wrong. Whatever settings are selected from your effects screen will be applied to the piano sound depending upon your mixer settings.

This settings does not change when do I reset?

The standard effects configuration are (but I never change this):

Brilliance: 0

Reveb Type: Hall 1

Chorus Type: chorus 3

Delay Type: mid tempo

Hamer resp: 1

String resonance: 3

Damper noise: on

And in the MIX configuration, the only different are:

Bend range: 2

Reverb send: 4

The strange is that sometimes the sounds look better than others.

When do you hear the record, do you notice the weird sound?

Thanks for the help!

Try turning down the string resonance. This setting simulates the random changes that can take place in how the strings of an acoustic piano resonate with each other-pretty characteristic of the newer Privias. I don't hear more pitch fluctuation than on my PX560 or 350, both of these have pretty identical acoustic piano samples and tones. Do you hear this with other tones-for example, electric pianos, brass, synth or other tones? And are you monitoring this with headphones or through the speakers?

Which piano sound (tone) are you playing? This sounds like one of the GM acoustic pianos, not the "AIR" sampled grand pianos. The GM pianos are not sampled in stereo and will sound like this, as if the sounds are out of phase, not sure but all my Privias do this. The other AIR grand pianos (tone 1,2, 3 etc. under the piano category)  should not sound like this-these are sampled in stereo and through my headphones listening to your soundfile, I am not hearing the sampled grand piano sound in stereo, whioch makes me think you are playing one of the GM grand pianos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...