Video Files on Forum ×

Anyone play 16 bit WAV files from flash drive?

CasioArt

Greetings, proud owner of CT-X5000 here. Can someone more tech savvy help me with playing songs from my music library through the keyboard?

I'm using this software https://www.freac.org/index.php/en/homepage-mainmenu-1  to convert my WMA files to WAV files and storing them on the MUSICDAT folder on my flash drive.

So far the Casio is not recognizing the files on my flash drive.

Try that and see what happens.  If it's not working, it may be a faulty flash drive.  Try another one if you can.  If it's able to save and load user files, then you may have a format issue with the wav files. Audio files need to be 16 bit 44.1 kHz.  You could also try using another audio editor application like Audacity.

I don't have any user files to save yet. I did use the flash drive to update the firmware so in that application, the flash drive worked.

I tried accessing the new sound folders from Mike Martin and after the binding process, the display read "err no file fnd".  I tried two different flash drives, both of them in the FAT32 format.

One is 16GB, the other 1GB.  I even used the keyboard to format the 1GB and yes, the MUSICDAT file was installed when complete. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Brad. Yes, all unzipped TON files except for one ORGAN1.RBK file at 4kb. which should be OK. I did however find 1 file with a different extension (and date) that may have been from the flash drive itself.

I have removed that particular file and will report back tonight with my findings.

Also, I got rid of the folders with in the MUSICDAT folder so each individual sound file is viewable without opening yet another folder.

I could be wrong, but these files may need to be in upper case. My XW-P1 uses a similar process, here is a very deatiled post, not about the CTX, but some of this post might apply. Brad, you weighed on this I noticed and it is an old post, but I thought it might end up being relevant.Ted also has a very detailed description.