Video Files on Forum ×

Ou-of-tune XW-P1

Jokeyman123

Had a bit of a surprise playing my XW-P1 yesterday. While going through the factory performances and sequences, I noticed my keyboard (live main sound) tones were out of tune in relation to the accompaniment sounds. Very noticeable-not a whole step, but just enough out to be sounding pretty unpleasant-almost a full half-step off. Then the main tones somehow drifted back into proper pitch while I tried different tones to see if all the different tone banks were affected. To clarify-the overall pitches of the individual tones were ok as played solo, as were the accompaniment tones-but in relation to each other-and i did not change any settings from the factory presets, and not all tones did this. I am running it off batteries when this happens, but the batteries are relatively new, not getting any low battery messages. Surprised as I 've p;layed this for several years now and this has not happened before. Has anyone had this problem with the XW? At least it is mimicking successfully-the old analog keyboards which would drift out of tune, but this is digital!

My situation when expiriencing out of tune sound was with the bender wheel which hanged slightly down because it didn't fit properly in the hinge. Much later when putting attention to it I've noticed it was always the culprit all along. 

Although it might not be the reason why you're sound out of tune check the wheel none the less.

I do not suspect the pitch bend controller since when the drift happens moving the wheel does not solve the problem.

I relate this issue to two factors - an age and not using the instrument for quite a while.

The problem solved by itself (recently experienced the once).