Video Files on Forum ×

Strange issue just showed up PX560 tuning

Jokeyman123

Can't figure this out-when switching auto-accompaniment on/off, it is dropping my left hand part a whole step out from the keyboard. When I turn it off, entire keyboard is back to concert pitch, so it is the accompaniment part that is changing, not the right hand.  This is happening regardless of whether it is user or factory rhythms. Never had a problem until today. Not transpose settings since these effect the entire instrument together-in auto-accompaniment or not-it stays a whole step apart.  Is this suddenly malfunctioning or did I somehow switch a setting somewhere without even realizing it? I don't think there is a setting that offsets the auto-accompaniment pitch. And it works this way with any of the auto settings, single finger, full keyboard. Weird haven't had any problems working with the PX560 until this. I have no pedals connected except the sustain. Midi arrangements are in tune, same key I played them in originally and controller knobs are set to eq settings as factory.

OK-just noticed the pitch bend wheel stopped working and the settings are fine. The menu screen shows correct chords, just plays these a whole step off. Pitch wheel feels OK-did factory reset, still off. And yes, I have been using midi din in only for midi wind controller. will follow your instructions,  Maybe the wind controller-which has multiple octave keys threw something off. And it is intermittent. sometimes switching auto-accompaniment button of and on fixes it but then it happens again. I will work on this tomorrow. Thanks.

I'm sorry I called this a bug. I have never run across one with any  Casios and believe me what I do or try to do they'd show up!  Fixed it, my fault. I had to replace the headphone jack unit a few months ago which was damaged-I cracked the circuit board probably from knocking the end cap and replaced it. Fortunately a minor error-when I put the everything back together, I must have pinched the cable from the pitch bend wheel-it has 3 wires-onto the steel frame that holds the wheels-needed to move stuff around to get the headphones board in. I moved the cable and found a tiny nick in the insulation from my clumsy re-assembly and it must have been shorting or interrupting data somehow. Must have taken awhile to break through. I fixed it by relocating the cable, not hard to do. Problem solved-shows that even a seemingly tiny defect or damage can effect some major problems sometimes. Happy me. Next time I'll take my baseball glove and tin hat with the rabbit ears off when I'm performing Casio keyboard surgery.

• Like 1