Video Files on Forum ×

Newbie here with a question or 2

Tom banjo

I posted my history on my page .I bought this a week ago and have been burning the midnight oil ever since.

It took me a week to get logged in here. I was really looking forward to being able to access  Alen K's book and I am tickled to death but overwhelmed .Mostly I am thankful. What I have read and comprehended has reinforced suspicions .One being even in tone mode the performance setting has strings attached. 

My first attempts( beyond calling up presets and playing the keys) are these

1 I want to plug  my banjo etc.   mixer channel out to the instrument in. This would'' not'' need to change pitch with the keys ,I would just want to use use all those bells and whistles on an external source. I know'' basic mic'' in the solo sync preset tone does this  but the problems i have with this is It is a tone and i don't know which performance to pick. '' Basic mic"" also disables external source  in the mixer.   Any suggestions would be helpful. I can create a user performance or tone if needed.Also is playing a key and hitting hold going to let the oscs etc cycle?

2 For the kid in me ha ha,I want to hook my CD  looper  up to the same input and do the same as above except I would want keyfollow 64 on this.

that does it for now ,I have a toy to play with and a book to read  several times .

Thanks  Tom 🧐

I will try Brad

Setting 1

I want to plug into it with an instrument  and will not be  using the keys  to play notes .  I don't want any other things sounding at this point ,just effects,envelopes ,LFOs etc. on the external line. I want to use it as the ultimate effects processor.  I will use this setting  live and also in ''stand alone'' recordings

Setting 2

Run a loop into it,that i can play like a keyboard tone , normal pitch shift here(key follow64}

I need to know the best  performance to punch in on each setting.

Thanks Brad

I have watched Mike,thanks anyway ,I am almost there getting this figured out. Alen K's book has helped but also  about a week of  punching , looking  ,writing down .,I  have one Performance tone combo created that is acting just right in solo synth.I can come into the plug put the key on hold and start enveloping and add an effect, . The notes are not changing keys. That is what I need for idea one.

Idea 2 was  having the same ability on the signal with envelopes and an effect .Where it differs I want to have the key follow 64  on the pitch. This i think is possible I just have not got there yet.

This quest is all I have until  I get this under wraps and make some ruined music. Of course there was always making a Margaritaville performance with steel drums,calliope and piano,then using the mixer sliders to punch them in .and out at appropriate times.

Basically I am feeling out the edits in Performance tones and mixer,I am leaving the LFO off, but adding effect to make sure I can tell the difference when I am in.

• Like 1