Video Files on Forum ×

New release.... "Casiotone" is back!

In case you haven't heard, the name "Casiotone" is going to grace the front panel of some new Casio keyboards once again.  Three new models have been announced today, one of which has lighted keys.  I can't wait to learn more.  Links to some product pages below.

CT-S200  

https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/portable-keyboards/ct-s200

CT-S300 

https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/portable-keyboards/ct-s300

LK-S250 

https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/portable-keyboards/lk-s250

• Like 2

These look very cool; I foresee a lot of Christmas/birthday sales. I think the USB controller aspect is good, too; I know a lot of people doing notation work that just want a simple controller but would like sounds built-in. I'm working on a music book for a company right now, using my PX-560M and Sibelius. I'm listening to the piano of the Casio through its speakers rather than using Sibelius's built-in piano, or VSTs. The new CTs would work the same way.

Joe, I found retail prices somewhere, I didn't bookmark it and can't find the page-it was a Casio page, I think referencing summer NAMM.  Retail I recall will be 109.00 for the CT-S200, I think 139.00 for the 300, forgot what the LK will be but in that ballpark. Even with all my Casios-one of these smaller, simpler Casios might be very useful at this price. With 3 (yeah) Privias including an older one, and the XW-I've had my hands full but with a bunch of decent sounds, a simpler, less expensive Casio (I like the design) could fit. Waterfall style keys are nice too. 400 tones can't be bad! And my old PX575 uses the AHL sound source-maybe not as deep and detailed as the the PX560, but still sounds pretty incredible for an older keyboard.

• Like 1

Really glad to see that Casio is improving connectivity on the entry level models. USB-MIDI on all the new Casiotones and the LK-S250 even got a 1/4” mic input! More mic inputs, please! The 1/8” stereo aux inputs are great for practice and playing backing tracks, but they tend to have a little too much latency for live gigging applications (probably because some amount of processing buffer is required for the center cancel function to work properly).

Hopefully now that almost all the Casios are on USB-MIDI, we’ll see the Chordana Play and Chordana Play for Piano apps condensed down into one app that can handle all the models. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Love the concept of these new Casiotones, and they've really captured the spirit of what the classic Casiotones were all about.

I really don't need another keyboard, and I've just recently picked up a Casio SA-76. But the CTS -300 looks to be incredibly appealing - maybe I should add it to my Xmas list!

• Like 2

Brad/ Scott/ Mike/ Casio - any dates confirmed for the official retail release of these new Casiotones?

I was thinking things over last night, and feel that I should make a video comparing my original 1980 CT-201 with the very latest Casiotone model! 39 years between them, and as I've already found with my recently acquired baby Casio SA-76, the progress in audio quality is immense. Can only imagine that the new Casiotones will be a good step above the SA series!

7 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Chas, check this video out.  I'm sure as with any new release, they'll take a few months to hit stores, my guess is around September or October.  

Cheers Brad!

They look promising, though I was gagging to hear more of their sounds. Such a tease!

The 300 model looks to be the best deal for me. Velocity and pitch bend wheel makes it much more useful than the 200, and I suspect that it will be the most popular. I've no real need for the LKS model as I march to my own tune. Some might say I could do with the LKS lessons feature, but to them I say "meh!"

Can't wait to try one!

• Like 1

They did a good job on the design , really pleasant on the eye and inviting to play.

Specially the round curves on the sides gives a semi professional look and the small

tilt from the upper edge of the keyboard downwards to the key's.  

This is a pretty unique new design for such a size it seems to have a big factor very nice. 

• Like 2

El que aparesiera un casiotone a con ese peso y portabilidad me parese genial pero si se puede dividir en capas exlayers y afectados multipads en ves de rueda palanca un yoistic huviera sorprendido mucho mas, pero aun faltan por salir series mas avanzados no?

Edited by Guivannitonos
Corregir