Video Files on Forum ×

Accessing the metronome function on the 3000

Astika
Go to solution Solved by Joe Muscara,

Hi! Just got my PX-S3000 and am beginning (at the very very beginning) of learning to play piano. I admit up front I find navigating tech devices challenging. Maybe should have gotten something simpler, but love the sound of the Privias, so I'm hoping to master the instrument. HOWEVER, I've been unable to figure out how to access the metronome. There is a section in the guide about recording and accompanying patterns that I can't make any sense of at all. That's the only mention of the metronome I see in the manual or the quick guide. I just want to find the metronome and set it to a simple beat for use in my piano lessons. I'm sure than can be done, can anybody advise, with a step by step?

Royals Mason

• Like 1

• Solution

So far what I've found is that the metronome on the PX-S3000 is considered an Auto Accompaniment pattern. On the foldout User Guide that came with your PX-S3000 go to page 2/4. On the bottom half, you'll see "Using Auto Accompaniment". The first four columns tell you how to use Auto Accompaniment generally. The next to last column has a section called, "Metronome Accompaniment Patterns". You'll want to choose one of these patterns (BALLAD 39 - 48) to get a built-in metronome.

I guess the short version of this is, use button [15] to cycle until you see RHYTHM on the display. Use buttons [10] and [11] to select one of BALLAD 39 - 48. Touch [12] to choose a tempo, and use [10] and [11] to adjust. Touch [8] to Start and Stop.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow, thanks Joe! I was wondering this too.

The metronome even can be set to have a bell accent on any time signature from 2 beat intervals to 9 beat intervals!

On the down side, I strongly dislike that fold-out manual format. It seems more like a set of reference sheets than anything handy for learning how to use the instrument. Fortunately there is this forum and good YouTube tutorials from Casio and others. 

Edited by Gartro
clarity
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Another way how to turn on your metronome on px-s3000 is in (MIDI) recording mode (not sure if it's documented somewhere, came to that by lucky accident).

Just hit Rec button shortly, then long press one more time. You are now in the rec menu, metronome settings are part of if, you should be able to figure out from here.

I know my answer comes late, but perhaps it may help to someone, cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Obviously,  the solution works.  However,  as much as i appreciate (1) casio making this a priduct which appeals to gigging musicians (2) casio packing a ton of features into a small package,  it seems that if this is also for beginners,  the metronome should be one of the easiest thing to access instead of hidden as a rhythm. 

A possible suggestion for future:  separate metronome button on main panel.