Video Files on Forum ×

Chordana Play forPiano connection error

Yossi

11 hours ago, Gijoefan1976 said:

I am getting this error...and as I am connected to the keyboard with a usb power cord my screen on the 3000...says mounting?

It says "mounting" because you are using the wrong USB port on your PX-S3000 which also means you're using the wrong type of USB cable. You should be connecting to the USB-B port on your PX-S3000 which is labeled #25 in this image from the manual. You are trying to use a USB charging cable and that won't work. Are you trying to connect an iOS device to your Casio?

image.png.3aa455f1e1c8124b99306488b53b6542.png

• Like 1

OK, here is what I have found. BOTH Appe and Android devices will wrk. Using an iPad mini, I can connect Lightning to USB-B with a dedicated cable, but it does not work with a USB-A and-A to B adapter. The same holds true with my Samsung Galaxy A tablet. Works great with the dedicated cable, but not with one needing the adapter. No camera adapter needed either, just get a USB-B (box end) to USB-C or Lightning cable and you are good to go. At least when sending FROM the app TO the keyboard.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

I landed here because I can Not get any connection to my pxs1000 via bloototh. The iPad and the Keyboard are connected  via blootooth but cordana says they are not. I am going crazy! i just bought me a new iPad just for the Keyboard and now it doesn t work :( can anybody help?

6 hours ago, Dena said:

Hi all!

I landed here because I can Not get any connection to my pxs1000 via bloototh. The iPad and the Keyboard are connected  via blootooth but cordana says they are not. I am going crazy! i just bought me a new iPad just for the Keyboard and now it doesn t work :( can anybody help?

Chordana Play for Piano only connects via USB. The Bluetooth connection on the PX-S series is for audio playback only.

To use the app on the iPad with the PX-S, you will need a USB "printer" cable with a USB-A connector on one end and USB-B on the other, and Apple's Camera Connection Kit to connect the USB-A connector to the iPad. Don't buy a third-party adapter for this, they are notoriously unreliable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I was having issues connecting to my Android (OnePlus 6T) and solved it by enabling OTG storage. After I enabled this setting I could connect to my CASIO CDP S100.

Solution:

Open the settings of your device and search for OTG. Open this setting and make sure to enable USB / OTG Storage:

dbCiWMW.png

Edited by Jollly7
Adding a keyword: "Solution"
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2020 at 3:59 AM, Brad Saucier said:

Here are the basics of what is needed. Todays newer devices with USB C are the easiest to use.  Older devices without USB C require more steps.  This is the nature of the system and not a Casio specific issue. 

You must connect your mobile device to the USB Type B (to host) port on the keyboard.  The USB Type A port is for USB flash drives only.  It will not work with that port.  

For Apple devices without a USB C port, use an official Apple camera connection kit, also called Apple camera adapter.  Use the model appropriate for your iPad.  

For Android devices without USB C, your Android device must support USB OTG (On the go).  Use a good quality USB OTG adapter in conjunction with a USB printer cable to connect to the USB B port on the instrument. 

For both Apple and Android devices with USB C, you can simply use a USB C to USB B type cable.  

For more details and other options, see the chart Casio provides, which is found in the user manual that can be accessed from within the Chordana app, and also linked to in my pinned post in this forum and also directly here.

I have an Android tablet that uses USB C so I bought a USB C to USB B cable to connect my Casio Privia Px S1000 to my tablet and it doesn’t work.I don’t get why if it is the right cable.😫

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

Is the cable an OTG cable?  USB OTG is required for Android. 

On Amazon I only saw the OTG option for adaptors,if you’re going to connect two cables,not for a single cable like mine that connects the device to the piano.It says that both options work,either with the OTG adapter and a printer cable or a single USB C to B cable like mine.

• 2 months later...

I've just got my Previa 770, and I have a Ipad Pro with the USB C fitting, so I bought a cable USB C to Printer type, and I get the same connection error message, could it be the cable? Both ends fit where they should! Thanks for any advice  

This is the cable I ordered https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MC73QBS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.1.2021 at 09.01, Casiomake said:

Minulla on myös yhteysongelmia px s3000 -laitteeseeni. Minulla on tryet kunnia- ja kissani S61-puhelimesi USB B -liitäntään, mutta ei toimi. Pitäisikö meidän tehdä yhteensopivuusluettelo Android-puhelimista? 

Now its working. It really needs otg adapter. Without it it wont work any usb cabel connection. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 5:59 AM, Brad Saucier said:

Here are the basics of what is needed. Todays newer devices with USB C are the easiest to use.  Older devices without USB C require more steps.  This is the nature of the system and not a Casio specific issue. 

You must connect your mobile device to the USB Type B (to host) port on the keyboard.  The USB Type A port is for USB flash drives only.  It will not work with that port.  

For Apple devices without a USB C port, use an official Apple camera connection kit, also called Apple camera adapter.  Use the model appropriate for your iPad.  

For Android devices without USB C, your Android device must support USB OTG (On the go).  Use a good quality USB OTG adapter in conjunction with a USB printer cable to connect to the USB B port on the instrument. 

For both Apple and Android devices with USB C, you can simply use a USB C to USB B type cable.  

For more details and other options, see the chart Casio provides, which is found in the user manual that can be accessed from within the Chordana app, and also linked to in my pinned post in this forum and also directly here.

• Like 1

I just bought a Casio AP-270 and a tablet Android for Chordana. No commercial, no manual say that I have to be IT proficient in order to use a simple app, no mention about OTG (whatever that means), about the compatibility of the tablet/phone. Very frustating, now I am forced to  use commands without any display. Really a nuisance.   Very disappointed.