Video Files on Forum ×

Px560 suddenly wont boot up

Julian

Power supplies with the molded plastic or rubber boots on the DC side-the plug going into the PX-are prone to failure, even if looking intact, not just Casio, the design itself on alot of these whatever brand, is not very robust.  Might try replacing just the plug-not the AC part, the smaller putting out DC if you can. Otherwise, a new supply should do it. I've had a few of these fail. Over time, the tiny wires inside the plastic surround flex and break or partially disconnect-the supplies less frequently will fail but if you are getting some voltage but not 12V I'd try the plug replacement first if you don't want to buy a new supply.

Freaky, post man delivered new plug this morning, so I switch on with original plug still in and hurrah it booted up. I am thinking there is a fixed time delay for the plug to recover if it automatically switched off because you leave in stand by for weeks on end.

New ebay plug also ok, any buyers for it!!!!!!

Might not be out of the woods yet. I'd keep the new supply for awhile and see if this problem does not come back. Might still be something intermittent in the supply or the plug connector. If the PX is not getting enough voltage, it might still work, but will give you trouble. I would test the voltages on the old and new supply again, to compare. The old supply as Brad said should be reading 12v consistently.

• Like 1