Video Files on Forum ×

My PX-5S seems to be triggering two midi notes at a time

Migantgue

I am new to the PS. I am using it in my studio with ProTools 2019 as a midi-controller. It appears to be triggering each note twice - once exactly as I play it (length, velocity, etc) and then, a short staccato version of the same note on top of that...same starting point but ending immediately. (See the little dark "dots" on the Inst 1 track) Any thoughts? I do not have this issue with any of my other keyboards.

If I play the track as is it sounds alright (I think - can't hear it without) but if I quantize it ONLY plays the short notes...no pedal, etc.

Thank you!

midi.png

Two things come to mind.  One is to make sure you're using stage setting 0-0 Cncrt Grand.  It's a single zone stage setting so that will rule out a second zone being active.   Second, some software is not compatible with high resolution MIDI velocity, which is something the PX-5S has.  You can go into system settings> MIDI and turn off high resolution output.  Hope that helps.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Two things come to mind.  One is to make sure you're using stage setting 0-0 Cncrt Grand.  It's a single zone stage setting so that will rule out a second zone being active.   Second, some software is not compatible with high resolution MIDI velocity, which is something the PX-5S has.  You can go into system settings> MIDI and turn off high resolution output.  Hope that helps.  

Most likely it is this. You're using a Stage Setting the has more than one active MIDI zone.