Video Files on Forum ×

Drum Set Tone 764 EX Standard Kit With DSP Working

Casio Key

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

That would be a huge advantage if they allowed assignable drum editing in the ctx series.  What should be included as well is if you could take tones off the internet like dynamix audio and incorporate those tones into the keyboard.  Then you would have a arranger keyboard that is real cheap have features that a higher end keyboard would have. Hopefully we get another firmware update that does this or if not, another arranger in this series.

• 1 year later...

Cool, never thought of

that, tryed some adjustments but as a drummer i ld say the original Drum Sound is very good, don't tune it to much😉

On 4/25/2022 at 8:21 PM, Dj_Akey said:

Changed the Stick from "no name" to an sanDisk cruzer blade 32 GB and it works. Nevertheless I did never think of bringing the Keyboard down via a wrong data stick, fortunately it happens not life on stage... Why no alert on display?! Greetings to all members here, still love this Instrument 👍😊

On 4/27/2022 at 6:42 AM, Dj_Akey said:

Hi Chandler, idea for next project: What about creating deep bass sounds. I use my CTX in our Band also for effects (phrase loops) inbetween our songs, in the breaks... I know ctx is generaly no bass generator but it would be of intrest how far (deep) you can go. I tryed out one or two sounds with compressor and Enhancer and thought i drove it to the limit of the internal speakers(leveled the volume down), test on my pa is planned and must be amazing.... Think the use in this category is undermentioned and of course special interest but is also a part of the CTX benefits and versataility,  so how do you think? 😎😉

Edited by Dj_Akey

When you listen to some of the built-in rhythms, you may hear certain drum effects which are not easy to recreate when you make your own rhythms.   This is because the AC7 files actually contain some parameters that can alter the drum performance, but unfortunately they do not provide a way for you to create/edit those parameters on the keyboard.  For example, they can:

• Assign a specific drum note value in the current drum kit so it instead actually plays (substitutes) any other drum sound from any other drum kit.  Very useful when your primary drum kit is missing those one or two additional percussion sounds that you need (like brush sounds in the standard kit).
  • Apply effects (reverb, delay, tone, pan, etc.) to a specific drum note value
  • Apply equalization controls (high/low pass filter, etc.) to a specific drum note value

Note that these parameters apply to all occurrences of the specified note values in the drum track (within a specific Variation), not just single note instances.  In general, their use seems to be fairly limited, only where needed.  But if you're wondering how Casio gets some of those very "professional and realistic" sounding rhythms to play on these keyboards, that's how they do it.

23 hours ago, Mclandy said:

When you listen to some of the built-in rhythms, you may hear certain drum effects which are not easy to recreate when you make your own rhythms.   This is because the AC7 files actually contain some parameters that can alter the drum performance, but unfortunately they do not provide a way for you to create/edit those parameters on the keyboard.  For example, they can:

• Assign a specific drum note value in the current drum kit so it instead actually plays (substitutes) any other drum sound from any other drum kit.  Very useful when your primary drum kit is missing those one or two additional percussion sounds that you need (like brush sounds in the standard kit).
  • Apply effects (reverb, delay, tone, pan, etc.) to a specific drum note value
  • Apply equalization controls (high/low pass filter, etc.) to a specific drum note value

Note that these parameters apply to all occurrences of the specified note values in the drum track (within a specific Variation), not just single note instances.  In general, their use seems to be fairly limited, only where needed.  But if you're wondering how Casio gets some of those very "professional and realistic" sounding rhythms to play on these keyboards, that's how they do it.

This editing features in Kits only the MZ-X has.

I would be happy if in the CT-X at least one Kit could be edited the separate parts as tuning reverb pan level

The CT-X has a few snares-only kits

So many rich sounds that could be used in editable kits would be great